Chapter 120 - Lucius & Nate I

The itch on his forehead made him squint, but his eye did not flutter open as expected as he shuffled in his bed, still completely asleep. There was another itch near his nose, and this time, he scratched it with his finger, to which he soon shuffled again, muffling a few incoherent words in his sleep before his body felt comfortable enough to lay still. Yet again, another touched his forehead, and this time he reached for the covers and wrapped it over the rest of his body. Suddenly, a splash of water drenching his face made him panic, shot out of his sleep, his heart rate pounding against his chest.

His eye circled around his bedroom, glancing in every direction until he met a pair of droopy burgundy ones with a mischievous smirk plastered across his lips.

Nate's gaze settled on the large black bucket in his palms, which made him groan under his breath as he stared down at his drenched covers. This was not how he expected to wake up one random morning, especially after what they had undergone hours before with Draco's threats.

"What the fuck, Lucius?" Nate's eye was barely open, still feeling extremely fatigued and barely awake as he glanced around the room for his alarm clock. "It's one in the morning."

Lucius snorted, throwing the bucket onto the floor before reaching for his waistband and retrieving his fifth of liquor. He took a few shots, not a single grimace across his face as the liquid burned through his throat, and he merely grinned at Nate's irritated look. "Wakey wakey," he screamed, leaning towards him and tilting his head to the side. "I need your help, Nathan Dayne."

"You could've woken me up normally," Nate complained, throwing the covers off. His hair was completely soaked, and since he hadn't been wearing a shirt, he was starting to feel cold, which irritated even more as he stood to his feet. "You didn't have to throw water all over me."

"I thought you'd try to fight me, and I wanted a good little brawl."

"What the fuck do you want?" he groaned, widening his arm. "I was asleep, this couldn't have waited until later?"

The smirk across Lucius' face never left, but he did find it a bit odd when Lucius' eyes scrutinized his features, lowering to his abdomen, all the way to his chest and then his neck before settling on his lips, and eventually returning to his eye. "Get dressed and follow me."

Nate's eyebrows raised as he snorted, "The fuck you checking me out for?" When Lucius merely rolled his eyes and sipped on his bottle, Nate exhaled in shock, "Don't tell me you need help like Dante?"

"What like Dante?"

The confusion stretched across Lucius' face made Nate choke on his own spit, swallowing hard before waving his hand dismissively and heading for his closet. "Nevermind—what do you need help with?"

"Follow me and you'll see," he winked.

***

The creaking from the rusty elevator was enough to make wearied Nate stay awake as they waited to reach the underground floor. Lucius hadn't really explained where they were headed, and the entire time they had walked to the elevator, he seemed mostly stuck into his own delirious and drunken mind, mumbling to himself and giggling under his breath. He didn't even check if Nate was following him, as if he had expected Nate to do so without questioning his intent—Lucius could be leading him to his doomsday for all he knew.

Part of Nate was worried for Lucius; the way he had been drinking was definitely to appease the grief and that was going to cause such turmoil for him in the long run. The alcohol gave him a false sense of being alright, even though he hadn't yet been able to accept that Raphael was never going to return. That was partially why he had agreed to follow him; no one in the base knew what Lucius had been up to these past two weeks, and Nate was being snoopy.