Chapter 145 - "I'm glad you've noticed my boyfriend."

"It's odd," Lucius muffled with the cigarette at the edge of his lips, his towel wrapped around his waist. He was leaning on the edge of the sink, the fogginess completely covering the mirror as he glanced towards the clouds of steam escaping the bathtub. He took a long inhale of his cigarette and puffed the smoke without pulling it away from his lips. "I think Draco's up to something."

Nate twisted the bathtub faucet, dipping his fingers in the water to test its temperature. A grin spread across his lips as he pushed the towel down from his waist, revealing his bare toned physique that had definitely improved even more from the training, and he gripped onto the edge of the tub before he put in one foot, and then the other, eventually submerging his body in the water. Unfortunately, it was only high enough to reach the middle of his chest, and he cupped water in his palm before dipping it over his head, letting it glide through his scalp.

"Maybe he's being thoughtful for once."

That made Lucius snicker, tilting his head backwards with both his hands on the edge of the sink. He blew another long series of grey fumes, letting it encircle the air with the fog created from the steaming hot bath. "The only thoughts crossing Draco's mind are kill and sex. There's definitely something going on that he's not telling us."

It was no surprise to Lucius when he saw Nate pour a bit of their body wash into the water, creating a few bubbles and pushing them across the bath water. After that, he poured shampoo into his palm and spread it across his hair, letting his nails dig into his scalp, all his nerves falling into ease and every single muscle fibre in his body loosened effortlessly. "What could he be up to?" Nate asked.

"That I'm not sure," Lucius sighed, folding his arms. "Usually I have some clue, but I can't think of anything."

Nate glanced towards Lucius who was still comfortably leaning on the sink. Lucius did have a very defined physique, as if he had been sculpted piece by piece, an art project from an ancient Master of Arts. His body belonged in a museum from how toned it was, at least Nate believed that.

He waved his hand towards Lucius and said, "Are you joining me anytime soon? You said you wanted to take a bath."

Lucius snorted, pushing down his own towel and stepping towards the bathtub. "I meant on my own," he mumbled, reaching for his ponytail and removing the elastic band, his burgundy hair falling all the way to the bottom of his spine.

"Well I fucking wanted one too. We've been in the shower together once before, this isn't anything new."

Although a chuckle escaped Lucius lips, he didn't say anything. He found a comfortable spot for his legs beside Nate, and since his torso was lengthier, the water level reached the middle of his stomach. Nonetheless, he leaned his back against the edge, the cigarette still at the corner of his lips, and closed his eyes. The subtle sound of the water and even Nate's calm breathing, was such a peaceful setting that he was growing fatigued, slowly feeling his mind pull him into the abyss.

The only reason he couldn't fall asleep was because his mind kept suggesting ideas as to how he could find out what Draco was hiding from them. "I could follow him tonight and see if he leaves the base."

"You think he'll leave the base?"

"Why else would he allow us to leave?" It was a bit fishy, and there was definitely something more that Draco wasn't sharing. "The only thing that comes to mind is to go see Cesar."