Extra Chapter 75.1 - Lucius and Raphael

There was one conversation they had that was crossing his mind at the moment. It was when Raphael returned to the base after Dante had insulted him to his breaking point and he quit.

The first person he went to go see was Lucius.

"Dante has always been bratty," Lucius said with a smirk, continuing to sharpen his lengthy knife. He was wearing a wife beater with his sweater wrapped around his waist, and with the dim light within his room, each line of the muscles on his back shifted with his every movement. He had raised his burgundy hair into a high ponytail, a cigarette at the edge of his lip as his focus remained on his weapons. "He doesn't mean those things. Besides, you're a grown fucking man. Stop letting these snarky remarks get to you—you're an adult who..."

Lucius halted when he heard quiet whimpers behind him. They were very quiet sniffles, as if they weren't meant to be heard but he did. The weapons instantly fell from his hands and he rapidly turned on his heels, seeing Raphael with quivering shoulders and a lowered head. Immediately, he approached him and attempted to place a palm his cheek but Raphael pushed his hand aside.

"I'll be fine, just give me a second—"

Lucius never cared about much, but seeing Raphael in literal tears was a sight he hadn't expected, and wasn't entirely sure how to react. He had been taught to be cold and dismiss others emotions, but this one was too fragile and he knew he needed to handle it delicately. He wasn't sure what to say nor what to even do, but one thing he did know was that he wanted to be the one to fix it.

The blank expression on his face said it all as Raphael chuckled, wiping his cheeks as quickly as he could. "My apologies," he murmured, stepping back from Lucius to bow forward, "I lost my cool for a moment. It won't happen again."

Lucius swallowed hard, scratching the side of his face. "I...I want it to..." he murmured, turning away from Raphael and returning his focus to his tools.

Raphael paused for a second before repeating, "Want it to...what?"

"I want it to happen...again," he admitted, but he was too embarrassed to look back at Raphael that he continued to sharpen his knife. Then after a few seconds, he added, "I like when you come to me. It makes me feel...wanted..."

Raphael couldn't help but chuckle, seeing the way Lucius cheeks began to flare the same colour as his hair. Even though Lucius behaved with such dominance, violence and was always cold, inside him was still a childhood boy that never had the chance to blossom since he was stuck in this world of crime before he could even speak. He was soft on the inside, wanted to feel the same coziness and love that everyone else did.

That was why Raphael said, "You know I love you, right?"

Lucius never had said it back, and he never wanted to. But it did make him feel overjoyed whenever he heard Raphael say it. His movements halted for a second as he felt his heart skip a beat; the worst part was that he felt a strange twirl in his stomach that he tried to ignored.

Without saying anything, he continued to sharpen his blade as if nothing had been said.

***

"Why do you always want to help him?" He was being ignored as Raphael stormed through the room, attaching all his weapons to his belt in case he needed to use them. Lucius was growing angrier every second that Raphael ignored him, but he didn't want to seem as if he cared enough. He never cared enough, and besides he wasn't in love with Raphael. He wasn't in love with anyone, matter of fact, he couldn't even feel love.

As Raphael grabbed a hair tie and stood in front of the mirror, wrapping his golden hair into a ponytail, Lucius inhaled a sharp breath, trying his hardest not to explode. "He treats you like shit and you always find an excuse to go help him again and again—"