Chapter 109 - "Do you want to feel what I mean?"

Lucius glanced upwards at the moon. It was covered behind the dark grey clouds, none of the moonlight able to cross through.

The nights when they secretly sneaked from the base and headed outside, the moonlight was sharp with barely any clouds. At first, their trips were completely in silence, Lucius not wanting to let himself too near Raphael and only staring at him from a distance as Raphael widened his arms and closed his eyes, lifting his chin upwards. Eventually, Raphael waved for Lucius to join him and he tried it. He realized why Raphael enjoyed it so much; his mind had completely drawn a blank. The only thing it was focus on was the sensation of the breeze caressing every single hair on his flesh.

"I was waiting for you outside the entry of the Hercules' base, where we had our first kiss. It was under the moon Ralphy, do you remember that?" Lucius didn't realize he had spoken aloud. He heard a short grunt from Raphael though, a sign that he had been heard and also a sign that he was still conscious.

After a couple visits outdoors during the night, they had soon stopped leaving at night because Dante barely stayed at the base anymore and Raphael was assigned to him, hence he wouldn't return either. Lucius barely even saw Raphael; whenever he did, Raphael was around Dante and they couldn't converse, acting as if they weren't even friends. Eventually, Lucius started to feel a sudden clenching in the pits of his stomach. He started wondering if Raphael enjoyed being around Dante all the time, if maybe he still had feelings for Dante after they had been involved with one another. He then started thinking that they were still intimate with each other and that was enough to start an anger to steam in his blood.

One night, when Raphael gently knocked on his door, he was surprised to find Lucius grunting while making another woman moan. Lucius had glanced over his shoulder to the doorway, waved a dismissive hand without saying anything, which made Raphael slowly close the door and head outside on his own. Lucius' mind was no longer on that woman but on Raphael, and he threw on clothes before storming from his bedroom. When he reached outside, he found Raphael seated on the muddy ground with his arms folded. However, what truly made his stomach turn into a gut-wrenching pain was when he heard quiet sniffles from Raphael.

Raphael was crying.

"Oh, I didn't know you were coming," Raphael had murmured quietly as he stood to his feet, quickly wiping the tears as if Lucius hadn't seen them already. "I think I'll...hic!...head back inside so it's...hic!...all yours."

As Raphael began walking towards the entry, Lucius felt as if he was slipping from his grasp, and in his mind, the only person to blame for this was Raphael himself. The same feeling returned; a broil in his stomach that didn't seem to alleviate itself no matter how many women were in his bedroom or how many times he told himself that he didn't care about Raphael. Another name crossed his mind and the anger only heated even more. That was why he had snapped, "Don't tell me you were crying?"

Raphael paused in his footsteps, not meeting Lucius' eyes as he exhaled a long sigh. After a few seconds, he spoke softly and said, "I wasn't."

Lucius scoffed. "I never knew you were one to lie."

"It's nothing for you to worry about," he said. His tone was flat, way too flat for Lucius who didn't understand why the lack of emotion. It was as if Raphael didn't care about him anymore, as if he again saw Lucius as Draco's son rather than someone he could have any sort of interest. "...hic!...I'll see you tomorrow."

The only reason he had even slept with that woman was because Raphael had been rekindling his intimacy with Dante. Dante's name returning into his brain made his fists clench even tighter and he shouted at Raphael, "How can you be crying when you're the one still sleeping with Dante?"