Chapter 158 - "I love you. Don't die on me, okay?"

"We should live together, Nate."

Nate had been waiting in the lobby for the rest of them to show, and the first one to have appeared was Jules. He had been suited with an extra gear set, his hands gloved and his armour tightened around his chest and back. He didn't have a gun though, but had been armed with the only thing he could find; Bronsted's brass knuckles. Nate hadn't expected that from Jules, turning to him to a see a small smile stretch his lips.

"It would be nice to really be brothers," Jules reasoned, raising his eyebrows. "Live together until we start our own lives."

"Only if you'd let Dante live with us too," Nate said which made him chuckle when a grimace curved Jules' face.

Jules' nose wrinkled even more when he realized, "That also means Lucius would be around all the time, potentially killing us all." He slowly tilted his head to the side, letting his thoughts roam for a moment before he sighed, "You know, I wouldnt be that against it. It would be better than living with Cesar."

For some reason, Nate had forgotten that Jules actually lived with Cesar and it made him frown. "What is Cesar like?"

Jules exhaled a long annoyed breath, scratching the side of his face. "Our dad's a weird guy, Nate, super weird." Nate's face twisted in confusion. "He talks as if he's from an elite British royal family and dresses in old ancient medieval clothes and style. He dyes his hair white because he said he wants to connect with ghosts. He rehearses in the mirror random theatrical pieces, especially Shakespeare, and he curses at himself when he gets a line wrong and repeats the entire play; it's as if he has an acting gig in a day. Oh and he loves to dance, loves to dance. But overall," Jules tilted his head from side to side, "if he cares about you, he really cares. If he doesn't though, you're basically useless and he can kill you in the blink of an eye for no reason."

"How was he as a father though?" Nate asked.

Jules stiffened a bit; he didn't have the best memories with his father, merely because it always felt they communicated on two different wavelengths. "He tried to be a good dad, but it didn't suit his lifestyle. He's very loving, but he just doesn't know how to show it and it can come off as overbearing. Basically, Cesar is the main character and we're all extras, that's how it felt as his kid." Nate chuckled; it was strange to think that Jules' father was also his own. As much as he was supposed to hate Cesar since they were on opposite sides, he couldn't help but want to have a conversation with him and learn more about him. "Maybe if we get out of here alive, you two could meet," Jules suggested with a warm grin.

Before Nate could respond, the doors to the lobby barged open and stomping footsteps with quiet curses echoed before the person appeared in sight. Dante appeared completely engulfed in his own head, walking towards them with noticing either of them.

Nate observed him begin to pace back and forth, murmuring as if he was in an argument with someone. After a few seconds, Jules and Nate glancing at one another in confusion, Nate cleared his throat. "You alright?" Dante flinched, glancing in Nate's direction before waving his hand dismissively, returning to the conversation in his thoughts. "You look a bit pale, that's all."

"I'm fine, it's just..." Suddenly, a horror struck Dante's face as he finally realized that it was Nate that stood in front of him. A thought crossed his mind and he took a few steps back. "Oh God, you've slept with Tyler too, haven't you?" Both Nate and Jules eyed one another again, before Nate burst into cackles, holding his stomach. Both of them immediately stopped laughing though when Dante snapped, "It wasn't a joke."

The atmosphere suddenly felt tense and Nate frowned, observing Dante's stiffened for a moment. "Why are you asking me that?"

"Holy shit..." Dante gasped; there was a reason why Nate hadn't answered the question. He had purposely dodged it, and the more he started thinking of Nate and Tyler's past friendship, the more it made sense. That was why they had gotten so close in such a short period of time; it was probably a one night stand which led to more and more times. "I should have known. You're disgusting and we're finished."