Chapter 151 - "Bronsted's been shot."

"It's not worth it, Bron," Reno had retorted, reaching inside his dresser to find his elegant turtleneck navy sweater that he wanted to wear for the evening. He had recently showered and he was getting ready for the bar, when Bronsted had barged inside his room with ludicrous conspiracy theories. "Even if Draco was up to something, chances are it had nothing to do with us."

"We are prepping for a mission," Bronsted affirmed intensely, following Reno as he headed for the mirror. He placed the sweater in front of him to examine how it would look on him, and a smile soon followed. "It is unlikely for dad to let us go out while we're planning for a mission—there's something he is hiding."

Reno threw the sweater over his shoulder. "And what do you think that is?"

"I think he's planning to leave the base to go see someone or do something sketchy."

That made Reno snicker, glancing towards Bronsted's face to see if he was being serious. The tighten jaw of his brother gave it away—he was dead serious. "Draco never leaves the base."

"What if he doesn't want us to know that he'll be leaving," Bronsted suggested, following Reno as he made his way to his bathroom.

When Bronsted tried to follow him inside, Reno shoved him by the chest and closed the door. "I have to shave."

"I'm going to follow him tonight."

"Do whatever you want Bronny, but I think those are stupid theories that you're creating in your head for no good reason," he shouted across the door as Bronsted heard the shaving cream being applied. "You'll get yourself killed if you try to meddle in Draco's shit."

"Not if you come with me."

Bronsted was hoping his brother would agree, but all Reno did was burst into cackles that sounded much more of a mockery rather than comical. "Are you fucking crazy? I'm not spying on Draco, that's a death sentence."

"Then you'll let me go on my own?"

"Yes," he snapped, "that's exactly what I'll do. I don't know what you have to prove recently but you need to take a fucking chill pill."

He exhaled a desperate sigh. "Reno, I'm telling you, there's something off—"

"There's nothing off." Reno pulled the door open, and Bronsted noticed shaving cream under his arms with a razor in his hand. His appearance did not seem as giddy as seconds prior, and he narrowed his eyes towards Bronsted. "I don't understand what you're doing but Nate's not going to end up liking you, Bronsted."

That ticked Bronsted off, shoving his hands in the front pockets of his jacket. He was taken aback by how dismissive Reno was—Reno was never like this. He always took at least a second to listen before formulating an opinion, but this was merely disrespectful. "You think I'd go kill myself to impress Nate?"

"Honestly at this point I don't fucking know what you would do, you don't talk to me anymore."

"You don't talk to me!" Bronsted retorted, feeling his chest sting from the glare in Reno's face.

Reno threw his hands at his sides. "The fuck are you going on about? I always try to talk to you, but you've been dry as fuck with me!"

Bronsted sneered, exploding into chuckles. "Of course I've been dry with you, I'll admit to that!"

"Then don't say I'm not talking to you when you're the one cutting me off for no reaso—!"