Chapter 137 - "Say one more word."

"You're wrong," Eleanor grinned, biting her bottom lip before stepping closer to Nate. "It's not a fight since he's already mine."

"You've been begging to get him to fuck you and he's been rejecting you, that tells a different story," Nate spat, stepping forward as well.

However, it felt as if time had completely stopped when she yelled, "Then why did he kiss me last night?"

The silence that surrounded them was unbelievably heavy that they could practically hear their own heartbeats. Even Lucius, who rarely cared about his family's petty drama, was in such shock that the cigarette fell from his lips when his mouth widened.

Nate didn't move for what felt like hours, and they were all waiting for his response. However, they were surprised when he snorted, shaking his head. There was no way Dante would've kissed her, he promised he wouldn't do anything. Besides, after all they had been through, and with the way Dante had screamed at him for a bit of trust, what are the chances that he would break his trust the very same night?

That was why Nate waved his hand dismissively, a mocking smirk across Nate's lips as he spat, "Bullshit, you're full of crap."

Eleanor's grinned extended and she tilted her head to her side, puckering her lips, motioning kissing movements. Afterwards, she planted her palm against her own chest and roamed it across her body as she moaned, "And then he grabbed onto my boobs and urgh...it felt so good..."

Nate rolled his eyes and nudged Lucius. "Let's leave, she lost her fucking mind."

"Actually Nate," Lucius stopped him, "she might be telling the truth." The only reason he had thought so was because Dante's eyes couldn't even look at Nate. He had glanced elsewhere, neither did he deny any of these allegations even though he was standing right there. Even worst, the way his face contorted and his jaw tightened, as if he was immersed in guilt, gave away the truth that Nate hadn't yet seen.

But Nate was still not willing to believe this. "She's a whore Lucius, she's definitely lying to get under my skin, that's her ammo."

"Is it?" Eleanor giggled, twirling around Dante before placing her palms on his back and pushing him forward closer to Nate. "Why don't you ask him?" Dante turned his face away, but allowed himself to get pushed, to narrow the distance between Nate and himself. However, Eleanor knew this was going to bother Nate as she let her delicate fingers linger across Dante's jawline and onto her chin, before forcing his face to lift and eye directly in front of him.

The moment he met Nate's gaze, those blue eyes began to quiver, which caused Eleanor to burst into hysterical cackles. It was amusing to her, seeing the smug look across Nate's face slowly vanish and shift into overwhelming hurt. His eyes became glossy as well, and when his breath halted from how hard he inhaled, Lucius glanced down towards him to ensure that he was alright.

"Come on," Eleanor egged on, which made Dante's eyebrows coil in guilt. "Ask him, he'll tell you the truth."

Nate didn't want to. From Dante's demeanour, he was certain he could predict the answer. But part of him still didn't want to believe it. He had never imagined that after everything they had gone through, that Dante would be willing to throw it all away. There was definitely history between Eleanor and Dante, but that wasn't an excuse to be disloyal. After all, there was also history between Dante and Nate, even if it hadn't been for as long.