Chapter 134 - "I want to stay!"

"Draco is coming to get us." Dante didn't even glance towards Eleanor who had just woken up. She was still naked under the covers, and she snuggled deeper within the sheets as she mumbled, "In a few minutes, I suppose."

When there was no response, she glanced towards Dante. Ever since they had kissed, he had taken a seat at the edge of the bed and did not move at all. It didn't matter how many times she attempted to seduce him, touch him or even kiss him, he either shoved her away or asked her to leave him alone. And the depressed wrinkles that grew on his forehead made her sigh; this was not how it used to be before she left. He didn't even sleep a wink; before, Dante would have killed just to spent another second with her in bed. "You really like this boy, huh?"

Dante sent quivering fingers through his black hair, exhaling a long sigh. "You don't understand, Elly." There was a short pause, as if he was attempting to compose himself just enough to speak. "The thought of him not forgiving me and leaving me for good...it's suffocating..."

Eleanor stood upwards, seeing Dante's shoulders begin to tremble as if he was on the brims of tears. Although she didn't care about Nate, she did feel guilty for putting Dante into this mess; there would always be a soft spot for him in her heart. "You don't have to tell him, Dante," she consoled, shrugging her shoulders. "You made a mistake."

"Healthy relationships need honesty." He knew that would make Eleanor confused, hence he glanced over his shoulder and added, "I can't lie to him—look at what happened with you and I because you couldn't tell me the truth." Eleanor swallowed hard; it did cause her heart to squeeze but he wasn't wrong though. "I need to tell him the truth and let him decide for himself what he wants. And if he doesn't want to be with me..." Dante planted a palm over his face, trying his hardest not to lose himself within sobs, "...it'll kill me inside."

"Why don't you come with me?" That made Dante's head plop upwards, meeting the flirtatious eyes of Eleanor as she approached him. When Dante turned away from her, she laid the side of her face against the crook of his back, before slowly letting her fingers creep along his waist and wrapping arms around his torso. As much as Dante wanted to ignore it, that soft spot for Eleanor would never leave—she had been apart of their family. There was weight to their history, hence he allowed her to caress him. "I have my own house over there. We can get married, have a kid and start our life. You can forget all about this life under Draco and we can move on, raise our children away from all of this."

Dante didn't respond, exhaling a long sigh. It wasn't that he was considering leaving, but it was putting him in a fight or flight mode. The fact that he had to face Nate was frightening him enough that simply leaving and never turning back made him feel as if he would be freed. Not with Eleanor, but by himself, finding a new place, change his name and act as if this surrounding never existed. But it almost felt as if there was a rope connecting Nate and himself, binding them for life and even if Nate never forgave him, being close to him would be enough to rest his soul.

Dante stood from the bed, letting Eleanor's palms slip apart from him. "This is the difference between you and I, Elly." He turned to face him, seeing her violet gaze widen as she saw the glow behind Dante's eyes, one that she had witnessed when they were younger and in love. However, it did sting that that glow was not towards her, but that boy that had taken hold of his heart. "I made a mistake, but I'm going to be truthful about it, apologize to him and ask him to forgive me. And if he doesn't, then I'll live with it because actions have consequences, and those are the consequences I'll have to fucking deal with. You know why I'll do that?"

She noticed his teeth grit as he pointed a finger in her direction. "Because I fucking love him, and if you had ever loved me, then you would've never left like you did. That's the difference between you and I. So no," he began walking towards the door as he spat, "I'm not leaving with you, Elly. The minute you leave, I'll act like you never existed, the same way I've been acting ever since you decided to leave."

It felt as if there was a sharp stab wound that pierced through her chest, and it took a moment for her to realize that there had been knocks on the door; she had never expected to be rejected by her young lover.

Dante shoved the hood over his hair before he pulled the door open. His father ecstatically stormed inside, glancing towards the naked Eleanor on the bed, before returning his gaze on Dante. The droopy eyes and the black underneath suggested that he had been up all night, and his grin began to widen when Dante rapidly hissed, "We didn't sleep together."

Draco's face instantly fell. "Eleanor, your stay's over." This was a long shot, but she wasn't willing to let this go without a fight. That was when, when she stood to her feet, Draco noticed the reluctance in her tightened lips, as if she had something to say but wasn't sure she wanted to say it, nor if it was going to be received well. "Spit it out, we don't have all damn day. They have training in an hour."

Eleanor tightened her hands into fists, needing to feel courageous enough to admit this to them. Neither of them seemed intrigued to hear what she had to say though, and Dante wasn't even looking at her. After a few seconds and after a long lengthy sigh, she screamed, "I want to stay!"