Chapter 130 - "What have I done...?"

"That was harsh."

Dante already felt the guilt swivel in his stomach, and he exhaled a sharp breath, tilting his head backwards and downing the rest of his beer bottle. He hadn't expected himself to lash out at Nate that way, and they hadn't been on positive terms lately, but enough was enough. Being spoken to as if he had done everything wrong when he was actively and exhaustingly trying to be better, was heartbreaking, and that was why he needed to make it known that he had been all in from the start. That didn't change the fact that he wished he had followed after Nate to make sure he had been alright.

"You didn't mean it when you said we weren't going to sleep together, right?" Her fingers delicately snaked around his waist, and Dante didn't even flinch when her arms wrapped around and she laid her head against the crook of his back. "Wasn't that what Draco wanted us to do?" There was no response from Dante who stood still, keeping his eyes locked at the closed bedroom door. "I can make you feel much better, babe." He felt her lips press against his skin, which made him flinch as his mind returned to the present reality.

In an instant, he shoved her apart and started heading for his closet, grabbing a sweater. His face had turned sour, and with narrowed eyes, he grumbled coldly, "Let's have a quick conversation and then you can go."

Eleanor's bottom lip puckered outwards, a pout forming on her face. "I would have loved to stay with you—"

"Why did you come back, Elly?" It was evident that Nate's interaction had shifted his mood, since he no longer seemed willing to chat nonsense with her and instead eagerly wished for her departure. Furthermore, it was clear that she was no longer welcomed, and her stay was not going to be in this room. "You could've said no to Draco."

"I was hoping we could relive a few of our memories." Then, she walked with lengthy strides, her hips bent with every walk as she licked her bottom lip lustfully, approaching Dante who, although attempted to resist, couldn't stop his eyes from scrutinizing her physique. He had always found her appealing and that had never been an issue, but in this moment, he was not attracted to her.

She attempted to reach for his chest but his fingers wrapped around her wrist before she could touch him. "We're not doing anything together, so if that's all, leave my room."

"How come you haven't told him about me?" She felt his grip loosen when she asked that, his eyes widening for a split second before the narrowed again, this time more intensely than before.

"There's nothing to share about you." It had been harsh and stern, not a single trace of empathy across his voice as he gently pushed her backwards, creating enough space that he felt would be alright if Nate had been present. "When are you leaving?"

She ignored his question, taken aback from his initial comment. He could tell that it had hurt her, since her bottom lip began to quiver and she stood frozen for a couple seconds, her lips agape in shock.

That statement had taken by surprise, most of her childhood having been from the Hercules' entourage; they had taken her in, Draco practically becoming her own twisted father and she had fallen deeply in love with Dante, and vice versa. They had gotten extremely extremely close in elementary school, connected at the hip, and although Dante had dropped out after his eighth grade, their bond only strengthened. She was there when he committed his first murder, forced to kill his own mother—she had been through those ups and downs with him. And to be reduced to meaning nothing, forgotten as if she had never existed...