Chapter 3 - "Can you...tease me...with this?"

Nate stared through the peephole, shuddering from the creaking doorknob as Dante attempted to barge in. He was seen glancing down each side of the corridor, before returning his malicious grey eyes onto the peephole, knocking a few more times by this time, each noise resounded much more demanding. Aunt Judy had sprinted by every window, attempting to find the best one they could jump from, but all of them were way too high that they would either die or be in a vegetable state for the rest of their lives.

Neither of them had said one word ever since they heard the knocks, and all Nate could do was watch as Dante removed his tan jacket and left it to hang onto his shoulder, still wearing the same formal attire from earlier. This time, his sleeves were rolled to his elbow; the only difference was that his dress shirt was buttoned all the way to his neck, visually squeezing him too much which was odd.

"Nate Kennedy." His voice deepened, causing both their flesh to crawl with goosebumps as they could hear the murderous lust in his tone. "Open up this door."

Nate was unsure if he was alone or had other members with him. He wasn't even sure if he had a weapon on him, but based on his demeanour, he was assuming Dante to be armed.

Aunt Judy had enough of the silence, feeling as if her heart would explode from her chest. "What the fuck are going to do?!"

"Shut up," he shouted in a whisper, not looking away from the peephole as he examined Dante place his palms on his hips with a smirk, stepping away from the door for a few seconds before leaning his back against it. "I'm thinking."

Aunt Judy shook her head. "Let's jump, let's just jump. I don't want to die—"

"That jump would kill you anyway," Nate snapped, narrowing his eyes towards her. His thoughts were running with solutions and she was interrupting them—he needed to find a way to dodge the disturbing scenarios he had formulated, which meant a few more minutes in thought.

"If you don't open this door, I will come in on my own." He observed Dante lean his head backwards and raise his chin, revealing all the arteries bulging across his neck. "But I won't be happy."

"Don't open that fucking door Nathan!" Judy screeched, pointing her quivering fingers to the entry. "If you do, we're both dead."

"Is that Judith?" They heard from the other side followed by a few chuckles. "Hi Judy-bear; I just want to talk."

"No you don't!" Aunt Judy screamed, running her trembling fingers through her ginger curls, disrupting the pattern. She stepped closer towards the door. "You're going to kill us!"

"Aww." He pushed out his bottom lip, tilting his head to the side as he lowered his chin, widening his eyes as if he was vulnerable. "How could you have guessed so right?"

Nate felt his blood run cold. There was no way out of this situation; he was either going to come in from the front door or they would let him come in. Either or, they would have to face him sooner or later, which was why Nate placed his fingers on the metallic doorknob. When Dante heard the creak, his smirk fell and his eyes grew in shock when he heard a click; the door had unlocked.

"Nathan, what the fuck are you doing!"

"That's our only option auntie," he sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry; just stand beside me." Even though the fear was causing his legs to feel like jello, barely even able to step backwards and carry his own weight, he knew he at least had to stand his ground for the last few minutes that he was alive. Besides, that may not be the outcome planned for them.

Aunt Judy's eyes filled with tears but she listened, interlacing her fingers with Nate as they both observed the door. The uncertainty was causing their heart to continue pounding, matching ragged breaths as they stood side by side. Aunt Judy closed her eyes, knowing there were certain things she wanted to say before this was all over.