Chapter 166 - "You gave me a reason to live."

"You feel bad about shooting your best friend?" Draco mocked, noticing that it caused Lucius's gaze to widen for a moment, the unbearable guilt flashing for a split second. "Don't worry, if it hadn't been you, I would've killed him even worst than that."

The only way to beat Draco was to escape all his emotions, all realities, and let his body move on its own without any thought. And that was what happened; Lucius blacked out. There was no thought left as he leaped forward towards Draco, who was now having difficulty concentrating on Lucius's movement since he had lost a good deal of blood. He tried to make his mind focus, but it was hard to fixate his eyes on Lucius who shifted from side to side with such rapidity that Draco only dodged his first attack at the last second.

However, he was unable to dodge the second one, a kick that landed on his abdomen, causing him to stumble backwards and grunt in agony since it hit where the bullet was lodged. He felt as though his organs were being ripped to shreds, which caused him to collapse onto one knee. It wasn't helping that one of his arms was no longer moving, and Lucius didn't waste any second to slam his fist across Draco's jaw, causing him to tumble to the ground.

"This won't solve a single thing, Lucius," Draco snarled as he coughed blood. Before Lucius could land another attack on him, he let himself roll onto the side; his body was no longer moving with enough speed or strength to defeat his son. "Even if I die here, you won't have anything. Everywhere you go, they will know who you are, and they won't accept you."

"Shut up!"

"Look around you son," Draco cackled, spitting out blood onto the side as he tried to push himself to his feet. "The only two left are Jules and Dante, both unconscious. Lori's dead, I killed Tessa, Nate and Eleanor, Jake passed out a while ago, Reno's been talking to himself but his blood loss doesn't look good." The beaming smile practically reached his ears as he revealed his lengthy canines and cried, "Even if you kill me, you have no one!"

"I said," he lunged forward, his teeth grinding terribly hard that they threatened to break, "shut the fuck up!" Draco raised his uninjured hand, blocking one of Lucius attacks. However, he used it to his advantage by tightly gripping Lucius's forearm and pulling him in, slamming their foreheads together. That hit made Lucius' brain feel as though it had been electrocuted, and that was when Draco tightened his fist and uppercut his son right underneath his jaw.

Although the pain was atrocious and his vision blurred for a few seconds, Lucius twisted at his hips, slamming the bottom of his foot against Draco's stomach. That caused Draco to stumble backwards, and due to his earlier injuries, he wasn't able to regain his balance. As he fell onto his back, the back of his head slammed into the rough ground, causing his mind to spiral for a moment. During that time, it was just enough for Lucius to climb onto him, pinning him to the ground as he retrieved the detonator from his waistband.

This was the only way he could atone for all he had done. With Nate already dead, there was nothing left for him to lose. He peered deeply within the gleaming gaze of Draco, not a hint of fright in his eyes. Even though he saw the detonator in Lucius' hand, all his muscles relaxed, no longer resisting it.

"It has always been tradition that the throne is fought between the father and the son, and the son kills him. It's a reoccurring Hercules curse imposed on us centuries ago. That's why I killed King when it was time," Draco explained, remembering when he had been the one to slain his father.

As much as they attempted to prevent taking those extreme measures, the universe always seemed to drive them towards that ending. He hadn't wanted to kill King, but when it became a decision between assassinating the person he adored or be killed by King, he had to take his chances with a fight against King.