Chapter 138 - "Have Lucius and Nate been awfully close to one another lately?"

"Lucius!" Reno shouted, rushing forward as he reached for Lucius' arm that carried the gun. "The fuck is wrong with you?" From the way Lucius' darkened gaze turned to Reno, Jules instantly reached forward and wrapped an arm around Reno's torso, pulling him backwards. "Julian, let me go!"

"Don't get involved, Reno," Bronsted hissed, keeping a fair distance as Jules pulled Reno further from them. "You'll get killed on accident; Lucius is fucking demented."

As much as Dante wanted to focus on Nate, he wasn't going to let Eleanor be killed over his mistakes. Hence, instinctively, he stepped in front of the line of fire, and Lucius eyebrows raised when his muzzle was no longer directed at Eleanor's forehead but Dante's chest. "Lucius, you have to put it down."

In disbelief, a delirious smile stretched on Nate's lips as he breathed, "You're unbelievable." That made Dante's jaw tighten. "You'd sacrifice yourself for her?"

"She has a gun aimed at her fucking skull Nate!" Dante boomed, his teeth gritting as he threw his arm in the air and spat, "The fuck do you expect?"

"Honestly, I don't know what to expect from you anymore," Nate exhaled, sending his quivering fingers through his hair. He needed to turn away or else he was definitely going to combust into fire, and the fact that Eleanor had a permanent smirk across her lips was driving him crazy. "I thought you loved me, but obviously you never did."

Dante shook his head; he wanted to fight for Nate, but it was a bit hard to stay focus when there was a gun aimed at him. "Nate, I want to talk to you about this, but you need to tell Lucius to put that fucking gun down." When he noticed Lucius' turn his muzzle slightly as Eleanor had peeked beside Dante's shoulder, he again moved to cover her. "No one deserves to die over this."

"This is getting out of hand," Lori whispered under his breath.

Reno tried to rip Jules' arm apart from him but his hold was practically squeezing his lungs. "Guys!" he cried, trying to avert their attention to him. "Please stop, you'll kill each other!"

"I'm not killing her over you, don't flatter yourself," Lucius snorted, tilted his head to the side. "She's annoying, that's why. But you know what," his smirk lengthened and his eyes brightened as he admitted, "I think I like you as a target a bit better."

"Lucius is so hot..." Someone muttered under their breath, but none of the others heard. It was definitely someone along the sidelines, and he hadn't meant to blur that out.

Dante scoffed, "This has nothing to do with you. You've been up Nate's ass for a while now and we've all noticed it."

"The same way you've been up Eleanor's ass and trying to get back with her?" Lucius retorted, raising a cocky eyebrow.

That made Dante wrinkle his nose as he spat, "I'm not trying to get back with her! It was one fucking kiss that I admitted was a mistake!"

"That wasn't a mistake," Nate shook his head, pointing a finger in his direction as he took a step forward. "She was naked in your bedroom and you couldn't resist her because you realized that she's the love of your life."

Dante glanced towards the muzzle of the pistol before returning his eyes on Nate. "No, that's not true."

Nate outstretched his arm as he shrieked, "And even after everything we've been through, I didn't mean anything to you! And that's why you cheated on me!"