Chapter 92 - "Please, come back."

Before Nate could even regain his focus, Lucius had already brandished his blade and lifted it over his head. His eyes were filled with bloodshed and with an excited smile across his lips, he didn't hesitate to plunge the blade straight through Nate's heart.

At least that was what he attempted to do and what he pictured in his mind. Unfortunately before he could, a hand stopped his projectile and the blade was snatched from his grasp.

"Get off of him."

The gray eyes of Dante did not see any family on the other side, simply a man that was attempting to kill the person he loved the most. With the blade out of Lucius grasp, he glanced down at the grunting Nate in pain, before sharp glares eyed Dante. He always found his younger brother an insolent brat, and he was cursing in his mind for not having predicted this outcome. However, he slowly acted as if he was stepping away from Nate, but instead quickly brought his fingers around Nate's neck and began squeezing, cutting off his airway.

"I told you..." He suddenly felt a sharp hit to the side of his torso, and he was propelled from the coughing Nate, who had turned onto his side and was holding his stomach in agony. "...to get the fuck off of him!" Dante had kicked him harshly onto his torso, but Lucius was not going to give him the satisfaction that it had hurt. Hence, he rapidly pushed himself to his feet and narrowed his eyes at his brother.

Lucius was not yet ready to admit defeat, hence his shoulders only broadened and he raised his fists, a coy smirk twirling on his lips. This only agitated even more, wanting to show how much stronger he truly was compared to his old family, and fighting Dante would definitely evoke that fear within them. Unfortunately, before he could leap forward, a hand pressed on his shoulder.

Lucius didn't have to glance over his shoulder to know who was the one touching him, which instantly caused his tightened fists to relax and be brought down to his sides. "There's no purpose in fighting them," Raphael murmured.

Walking away from such perfect opportunity to eliminate those two unbearable weaklings was the hardest part, but nonetheless, he extended his palm forward and hissed, "Give me back my blade and I'm done."

Dante furrowed his brows, instantly shaking his head. "You'll try to kill us again."

"No," Raphael spoke next confidently, "I'll make sure he doesn't."

There was no way Raphael would be able to stop Lucius physically, but Dante still threw the blade towards them, which Lucius caught it by the handle in the air.

Dante and Lucius hadn't seen each other ever since Lucius left, the day he screamed at Dante how much he hated him. There had been a fury that had been broiling ever since, but it was now augmented by the sight of Dante standing in front of him. All he wanted to do was lunge forward and slice all their necks, but he knew Raphael would put himself in danger to stop him. As such, he scoffed condescendingly before turning around and heading for a seat behind where Raphael stood.

As for Dante, he had never expected to see them both alive and healthy in this way, but neither had he expected to see them on the other side. His gaze could not turn away from the navy ones of Raphael, who's face had blanked the moment he saw Dante. Raphael hadn't even glanced towards Lucius who walked by, stuck in a trance with eyes had meant everything to him at some point in time. It took Lucius shoving him with his foot, causing Raphael to stumble forward, that made him regain his focus. He cleared his throat, shaking his head, and this time, when his gaze returned to Dante, his eyebrows had lowered and his eyes had narrowed.

He was no longer the Raphael they knew.

Dante's breath fell stuck in his throat, observing each detail that formed Raphael's face, one's he had missed dearly. There were way too many memories that neither of them had been readily able to let go. Ever since the day Raphael had been taken by Wolf, the thought of Raphael being found wounded or dead was all that had infiltrated his mind; he even had lost hope that he would even see a glimpse of him again. The weight that had rested onto his chest was finally lifted, witnessing his old companion stronger and livelier.