Chapter 122 - Lucius & Nate III

"Wolf was hoping you would all kill Lori."

Nate glanced towards Lucius who continued to pace back and forth, the noise from the knife gently tapping the metallic bars still causing both Blue's and Nate's heart to jump every time. He wanted to get this interrogation over with, and it wasn't helping that Lucius was known to grow rampant whenever he heard news he didn't favour. "Why would he hope for that?"

"Lori's background has relations to Maria's troop."

Before Nate could ask another question, they heard the shuffling of Lucius' feet as he grew closer. Before Blue could say anything more, he slammed the back of his foot across the side of Blue's head. He hadn't meant to, but it hit directly across Blue's ear, and the ringing that started made him yelp. It was unbelievable how much each of Lucius' attacks hurt, as if he had studied every single protruding nerve and knew exactly where to slam his attacks to evoke the most amount of pain imaginable. Before Lucius could slam another hit of his knuckles, Blue screamed, "It's the truth! A-Ask him!"

Lucius paused for a second, his eyes sharpened even more. There was no telling if he was being truthful, and he turned to Nate to determine whether he believed it or not. The confusion across Nate's face spoke for itself; Nate couldn't tell either.

They had always been three larger troops in their section; the Hercules under Draco, Wolf's team under Cesar and the Marias—that was the troop Thomas had claimed to be involved in. Thomas had been the guy Nate met at a party over a year ago, and also the one Tyler had recruited to infiltrated Wolf's club and murder Nate on her own, which turned out that it was apart of Wolf's plan all along. Nonetheless, Wolf had revealed that Thomas had been infiltrating Maria's corner for Wolf. The Marias had always been known as the weakest of the trio, and her clan was much different than Cesar's and Draco's units.

But to think that Lori would have any connection with the Marias, and voluntarily involve himself with the Hercules, wasn't making enough sense in his mind. Nate shook his head; he wasn't buying it. "That still doesn't explain why Wolf needed Lucius and Raphael."

Blue's eyes rapidly flickered to Lucius before settling back into Nate. That was when he realized it—they knew absolutely nothing. Draco included anyone that wanted to join that he never did any research on his own members. Blue's breath grew heavy as he breathed, "Raphael never told you where he was from?"

Nate's eyes turned to Lucius who inhaled a sharp breath.

Raphael hadn't spoken much about his background, nor where he was from. Rather, he always mentioned being randomly recruited by Draco who gave him the ordeal of supervising Dante, to which he had gone through extreme measures to ensure his survival. That entailed getting shot in order to protect Dante—he had done everything in the book.

Lucius felt a slight tightness in his chest; he had spoken to Raphael about his life and world, but he only realized now that it hadn't been reciprocated. The only thing Raphael ever mentioned was that his entire family was killed, but he never elaborated on who had done it and why he had been the sole survivor.

It was evident this had not settled with Lucius well since he gripped Nate from the back of his shirt and pulled him backwards, taking the lead on the questions. His eyes were red from the drugs, his movements sloppy from the alcohol, but his mind was entirely present and sober since it was the first time he realized that he was about to learn something about Raphael that he didn't know; part of him felt betrayed. "How does Raphael's background have anything to do with this?"

"Trust me, it has everything to do with this."

Nate furrowed his brows and Lucius swallowed hard. Although Nate had never paid much attention to Raphael, Lucius had always assumed Raphael had been apart of their world. He had thought Raphael to be another one of those repetitive stories—a random recruit apart of this lifestyle that Draco took a liking to and forced to help him. However, he had never assumed that Raphael had been hiding information from his past.

Where was Raphael from? And why was it involving Lori?

Who was Raphael?