Chapter 99 - "I'm not your boyfriend?"

"Have you been followed?"

Nate was startled by the intense Jules who stormed past him, headed for the door and inspected down the hall before slamming it shut and locking it, twisting the doorknob a few times to assure that it wouldn't budge. "I said, have you been followed?" Before he could listen to a response, he quickly reached every single window, examining the surroundings before pulling the curtains over each of them. He had been too nonchalant lately and he slammed his palm on his forehead. "How the hell did you get in here anyway?"

Nate couldn't stop himself from examining Jules' features; he had definitely lost size and weight. He was thinner, appeared much more frail and defenceless better, barely even bigger than Nate. He wasn't as intimidating as he used to be and his demeanour was odd. He appeared frightened that Nate had stumbled upon his presence. "Why the hell aren't you answering me? And why are you wearing an eyepatch?"

However, Nate regained his focus when he heard the clacking of the bottles in his backpack and his eyebrows fell again. In a split second, Jules presence was no longer of importance and he rolled his eyes, thinking again of how Dante kicked him out. "Go away," he groaned, a hint of sadness echoing in his voice, "I'm busy."

Jules paused in his steps, glancing towards Nate, unsure if he was serious about it. It became clear when Nate walked past him, placed a couple of his coolers in the fridge before heading for his couch. When he was settled, he instantly ripped open the cap from the liquor bottle and chugged a few gulps before burping loudly. "That did not hit the spot."

Jules furrowed his brows. "You didn't hear what happened, did you?"

Nate chuckled, nodding his head. "Eric kidnapped me and you knew about it all along. Your Wolf's son, you were tortured, you're supposed to be dead." After a few seconds, Nate turned to Jules with a long smile. "Yeah, I was given the rundown."

"And you're not going to do anything about it?"

"Maybe if I wasn't in a bad mood, I'd kill you myself, but right now," the smile was tensely forced as he hissed, "I don't care. Besides," Nate returned his focus on the bottle of liquor, taking another sip before adding, "Dante follows me everywhere, he'll probably be here soon so I suggest you leave before he does."

That made Jules heart thump in panic. "Fuck, what am I supposed to do now?"

Nate furrowed his brows, already feeling the doziness from all the shots he had taken without enough breaks in-between. His eye was already starting to get droopy. "You...leave like I said?" Jules seemed hesitant to admit the truth, placing his palms on his waist and staring at Nate for a second. There was no trust in Nate whatsoever, but at this point, Nate was the only one who knew his situation and to who he could spill the details about his life. Everyone else that he had met recently, he had to lie about his entire life, the same way he altered his hair to bleach blond and wore green eye contacts to hide his identity  whenever he walked around in public. That was why he sat beside Nate, leaning in towards him, which made Nate lean backwards. "Are you dumb or something? You didn't hear what I said—?"

"I can't leave this place Nathan," he admitted hysterically, throwing his hands in the air, "I'm fucking broke—!"

"And I don't care," Nate snapped, already feeling annoyed that this was being sprung on him. All he could think about was the way he would yell at Dante once he got here, which he certainly would come in a few minutes...maybe hours. Wait a second...what if Dante doesn't show up? "Oh no, you're making me overthink." When he felt his eyes starting to tickle a little, he knew exactly what was coming next and instantly tilted his head backwards and took a long shot of his bottle. "Dante always shows up, he always does. Why wouldn't he this time?"