Chapter 105 - "Are you jealous?"

"I will find Lucius," Raphael explained, keeping his gaze locked on Dante who tried not to glance at the glare Nate kept sending the both of them. "Once I do that, I'll meet you three back here."

"Do you have any idea where he is?" Dante asked.

Raphael shrugged his shoulders, a sigh escaping his lips. "If my guess is right, I think he might be at the front of Draco's base; it was our spot. I might be wrong though but I haven't checked that out."

"He might not be there," Jules stated.

Which made Dante respond, "We could still wait until you're back."

"We don't know if that'll take days," Nate protested through a grumble. "I don't think we should wait."

Jules also nodded his head. "We could be killed."

"Last time I checked, you were supposed to be dead already," Raphael hissed, narrowing his eyes. "You have nothing to worry about."

"And last time I checked, so were you," Nate retorted, tilting his head to the side as he challenged Raphael's gaze.

Dante rolled his eyes and folded his arms; he wasn't sure to who he should be of aid. If he defended Raphael, Nate would get upset, and if he defended Nate, Raphael would threaten not to return. Hence, he bit his bottom lip but maintained his silence.

They were all standing around the kitchen island counter, discussing future plans in motion. The entirety of the time, Nate and Raphael had been glaring at one another, and Jules and Dante had tried to ignore it, act as if it wasn't happening or that they couldn't hear it. However, this one they couldn't ignore, since Raphael took a step towards Nate's side of the counter and spat, "What's your problem with me?"

Nate shrugged his shoulders; he was being childish and Dante was thoroughly embarrassed, but Nate didn't seem at all concerned with how this may make him appear. Instead, he kept his gaze narrowed as he retorted, "You and Lucius seem to be the one with problems."

Raphael snorted, a mocking smirk pulling his lips."Are you jealous?" That caused Nate's muscles to stiffen; that was definitely hitting a nerve. He was not jealous of Raphael—at least he believed he wasn't—it was merely because Raphael was a continuous bother that kept causing them trouble. "That's what this is about? You think I want to be with Dante?" Nate scoffed, but his jaw had tighten; it was evident that there was some truth behind what Raphael had stated. "And you're scared he'll come back to me when I'm back at the base."

"No one's scared of you," Nate hissed, gritting his teeth. Dante glanced at Jules who also seemed to have a strenuous gaze, but they kept their lips sealed. "We would prefer that you didn't return."

"Your feelings for Dante are making you childish," Raphael admitted truthfully, only getting closer to Nate which alarmed Dante. "And annoying," he added after a short pause, a grimace causing his nose to wrinkle. "If this is how you act when you feel threatened then God help us all."

"I don't feel threatened by you," Nate snarled, curling his lip. Raphael's words were starting to hurt him, even though he wasn't going to admit it.

"Deal with your fucking insecurities elsewhere." He leaned downward, getting closer to Nate's face as he harshly spat, "It's disgusting and you should be embarrassed. Dante and I were partners long before anyone even knew you existed. If you can't get by that, then maybe you shouldn't be with him at all."

Nate was on a short fuse, hence he instantly raised his knuckles to aim directly on Raphael's nose, but Jules had predicted that attack and had moved in much quicker. He grabbed Nate by his arm, pulling him backwards and halting his motion before he could have connected with Raphael.