Chapter 121 - Lucius & Nate II

Nate didn't think this was going to happen again, but the next night, here he was, standing in the creaking elevator across from Lucius. This time, Lucius was inhaling sharp intakes from a blunt, but it was obvious that he had been drinking earlier from the stench of hard liquor radiating from not only his mouth but practically his body, as if it was seeping through his pores.

Nate wasn't sure how he did it, but he carefully entered the room and woke up Nate when he was already at the edge of the bed. After Nate had dressed and shoved on his prosthetic arm, he followed Lucius out of the bedroom and into the elevator. Neither of them had mentioned what occurred the night before. Nate wanted to, but this Lucius, with bloodshot and droopy eyes that barely even saw straight, was definitely going to lose his temper if it was. Hence, he kept his lips sealed and waited for the underground floor to be reached.

He was pulled from his thoughts when the elevator grumbled as it reached the floor, and the doors soon opened.

This time, Lucius appeared much more confident, his shoulders broadened as he walked in front of Nate who couldn't stop staring at the shifting of his back as he walked. When they reached Blue's cell, Lucius started chuckling when he found Blue asleep with his head tilted to the side. It was even funnier to him when he banged on the metallic posts of the cell, and Blue jerked awake, the fear stretching across his face and growing even more when he recognized the burgundy gaze that had been there yesterday.

Nate noticed the smirk across Lucius' lips fall again once he entered the cell. It was as if he was again contemplating leaving and trying again tomorrow. It was only when Nate ushered, "You got this, Lucius," that he saw his eyes flicker and the light returned within them.

"Please," Blue instantly began pleading, his eyes repeatedly glancing between Lucius and Nate. Lucius seemed to have his mind set, but Nate appeared confused and he wanted to use that to his advantage. His eyes settled on Nate's gaze and through a shaky breath, said, "I will tell you everything if you let me live. Ask me anything, please ask me..."

Neither of them responded.

Nate would have, but he was uncertain what was the game plan since Lucius hadn't specified why he was even present. He watched as Lucius rolled the ends of his sleeves to his forearm and approached Blue, tilting his head as he examined the way his eyes quivered and how his entire body stiffened the more Lucius approached him.

To be standing in front of the man who had mercilessly killed the person who he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with, was something he never thought he'd be able to do. It felt as if alarms were ringing throughout his body, his brain wanting to completely blank and only see red. He wanted to tear off Blue's skin with his nails, remove his organs while he was still awake and make him feel the most excruciating amounts of pain that he would be screaming until his last breath. However, he also wanted to understand what had happened that night, why they had been chased after and why Raphael had been killed.

Lucius straightened his spine, shoving his hands in his front pockets. "We'll hear you out," he decided, nodding his head towards Nate. "He'll ask you questions and you answer them. If I feel like any of these answers are untrue, I'll do whatever I want to you."

Blue's face lost its colour as he stammered through trembling lips, "W-What do you...what do you mean you'll do whatever you want to me?"

"Cut a finger off, extract a tooth, pull out an eyeball..." he exemplified, taking another long inhale of his blunt before letting the fumes escape within the room. "Anything I see fit."