Chapter 170 - How about we go home now?"

Even after Cesar's appearance, Lucius paid no minds to neither of them. Instead, his hands nervously roamed across Nate's face, his hair, his neck, touching every single crevice and line along his cheeks, placing his palm over his chest to make sure there was a beating heart in there.

Both of them were breathing heavily, but Lucius wasn't convinced that this was real. Nate was taken aback when Lucius exploded into sobs, unable to stop screaming in disbelief while he continued to hysterically pat down Nate's body, trying to find anything that could prove this wasn't real. The panic stretched his face as the tears continued to leak profusely, and he could barely even breathe, seeing the bandages that surrounded Nate's neck and his shoulders to cover the gunshot wound.

He continued to wail, his entire body trembling as he wrapped his arms around Nate, tightening his grip around him in panic. He was afraid of letting him go in case this wasn't real; he wanted to make sure he remembered how warm Nate felt against him. The thought of having lost him by his own hand had devastated him to the point that he felt himself lose his fight against insanity. Part of him still couldn't believe this to be real, evident from how his fingers continued to touch every single shadow across Nate's back, which made Nate grunt from the pain he felt.

The adrenaline was starting to wear off, and the sprint he had done was hitting him harder than ever. Although, that pain was nothing compared to the excruciating one from Lucius' scream in his ear. "Lucius," Nate breathed calmly, feeling the alarming speed at which Lucius's chest continued to rise and fall, "I'm okay." It didn't seem to calm Lucius down at all, since all he did was sob even harder and gripped Nate even tighter against his chest. Which made Nate cough as he whispered, "You're suffocating me. I promise I'm okay, Lucy."

Nothing Nate said appeased Lucius, who was not willing to let him go. He placed a palm behind Nate's head, pulling him into the crook of his shoulder, the sobs not even remotely close to stopping anytime soon. That made Nate chuckle; he had never seen Lucius in such a frenzy. "Lucy," Nate cooed a few moments, worried now that Lucius had not stopped, "I'm fine, you have to calm down."

"I need to hold you a little longer," Lucius sniffled, squeezing his eyes shut as he focused entirely on his other senses, feeling the heartbeat of Nate against his own chest, or how Nate's warm flesh tingled against his own. Even the sound of Nate's exhales, calm but raspy, was all his ears were willing to focus on. "Just..." he sniffled, "...a little longer..."

Nate grinned, letting his body melt within Lucius' grasp. He didn't attempt to pull away, and let Lucius have the time he needed to relax.

As for Draco, he felt a rage burst through his blood vessels. It was as if, throughout their times together, Cesar always had a reason never to choose him. It was excuses after excuses and in this dire moment, Draco could not look past that. "Move out of my way, now."

"My love," Cesar whimpered, raising his knuckles, "you know I can't do that."

"Nathan is barely your son, you don't even know him," Draco growled, gritting his teeth.

Cesar lowered his eyes for a moment, glancing behind him and seeing both of them still on the ground, knelt in front of one another. Lucius was frantically touching Nate's face while he screamed, tears leaking profusely from his eyes.

This was enough to further confirm his decision; he needed to protect Nate, and if that meant protecting all the people Nate loved, then he would do it, to make up for the times they had lost. He returned his silver gaze to Draco and sighed, "I want to get to know him and be a father to him."

"Yet again," Draco growled, shaking his head, "you fail to choose me. You claim to love me, that our bond is out of this world, that I'm the only one who you ever felt this unbelievable connection and love and lust. And yet," Draco chuckled incredulously, "you've never chosen me."