Chapter 139 - "Admit it Lucius, you like him."

Dante easily blocked the elbow that was headed for his face, but he hadn't expected the blow from Nate's knee directly into his ribs. Wind gushed out from his lungs as he was propelled backwards, tumbling a few times before he finally came to a halt. That made Nate only beam even more, feeling flames start bursting through his blood vessels as he lunged towards Dante again. Dante had had the time to stand to his feet, and fortunately, he had caught his balance before Nate's foot could land directly across his chin. However, Nate hadn't timed it perfectly, since Dante took hold of his ankle and knocked him off balance.

Nate plummeted to the floor, which was a bad sign during a fight. It meant he was on the losing end since Dante could easily leap on top of him and start pounding his face. However, Dante simply let him fall and took a couple steps back, letting Nate recover from it.

That only caused the fury to burn even more within the acid of his stomach, which was why the moment he stood to his feet, he growled, "You owe me this fight! You owe me a proper fight!"

"I don't want to fight you, Nate!" Dante shouted, shaking his head. He planted his palms on his hips, taking a few deep exhaled as he added, "We can talk about this and fix this."

"There's nothing to talk about." Nate took a step forward and raised his fist. "I'm done with you."

Dante shrugged his shoulders. Through deep exhales, he shouted, "If you make that decision, that's fine. But not before we try to fix this."

Nate shook his head, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to escape his eye sockets. It was causing his vision to grow blurry which only made his fighting instinct diminish even more. "I'm done always trying to fix things when you continuously betray me."

That caused Dante to frown. "You keep saying that, Nate. When the hell have I ever betrayed you?"

"You caused all of this!" He motioned towards his missing arm and pointed to the empty eye socket. "That's when you betrayed me because you weren't fucking there when I needed you."

It only heightened the fury that was burning within Dante's gut as he stepped forward and spat, "I came to rescue you, and I took you in and cared for you after that. That wasn't fucking betrayal, and that's not fair that whenever we have any sort of argument, you bring that up!"

Reno giddily glanced towards Bronsted who was intently watching this argument unfold. Usually, they were in sync when they looked at one another, but Reno had to nudge Bronsted to get his attention. "Best sparring fight I've ever witnessed!"

"So intense!" Bronsted beamed as he returned his gaze onto them.

They hadn't realized Draco was fuming beside them, standing with his arms folded as he spat, "I'm letting this happen because they need to hash out their differences or else our team chemistry would never work. But you better believe that it is taking everything in me," his golden eyes turned to them, "not to kill every single one of you for wasting my time with this shit."

"I will always bring that up because you ruined my life," Nate snapped, lowering his fist. "And even after all of that, I wanted to be with you and you said no." He pointed to Eleanor who was still slumped on the ground as he spat, "What I didn't know was that you were planning for the love of your life to come back!"

The way Nate's eye had shifted, the sadness starting to breakthrough, Dante could barely hold in his composure. All he wanted to do was reach over and caress him into his arms without any regards to who was watching, but he knew Nate wouldn't allow him to do that.