Chapter 90 - "We know exactly who were dealing with."

The second gunshot caused everyone to panic, instantly fall to the ground in horror or begin rushing across the place. However, they realized the doors at the front were sealed from outside, no one able to leave. Nate hadn't even realized he had been shot until Blue sitting in front of him shouted over the screams and said, "Sorry, that bullet wasn't for you. Come here, I'll protect you."

Without even waiting for Nate's agreement, Blue stood, reached around his shoulders and pulled him in, shielding him from the door.

Although Nate wasn't entirely sure whether to trust this random man or not, in this situation, his best option was to stay in his embrace. Hence he leaned his forehead in, lowered his sight and didn't say a thing. Besides, the man was much thicker and wider than him, slightly taller as well. A caress from him was as if he was getting a hug from a huge teddy bear full of muscles. Even if he was to get shot, there was no way the bullet would pass through him.

Nate listened to the commotion, hearing the regular civilians rush for any sense of security. However, it all fell into an abyss when they heard, "Everyone stop moving!" Another gunshot echoed and that one had the opposite effect of the initial one; the crowd fell dead silent.

"What the hell is going on?" Nate heard Reno's shout. That made him tense, but Blue made sure that he stayed put by tightening his grip. It was confusing him why he was even being protected in the first place, but with all the injuries he already faced, preventing any other medical procedure would be best for him.

One of the men that had infiltrated the bar turned his pistol and aimed it directly at Reno, who did not budge. "Speak one more time and you'll get a bullet through your skull."

"Someone let me out of here!" They heard a sudden growl and the doors from the men's bathroom trembled. Dante's voice settled Nate's nerves, but he wasn't exactly at ease knowing that Dante was locked in the bathroom. If anything, he wished it was Dante who caressed him the way Blue did and that wish alone made him curse at himself in his mind.

Blue shook his head and leaned in to whisper, "One of our guys locked the bathroom door from the outside. We can't have that Hercules kid out here during this, he's too impulsive and reckless."

"You think we're scared of your gun?" Bronsted shouted next as he stormed to his feet. All the civilians were in fetal position on the ground or hiding under tables, the staffs behind the counters, but Bronsted and Reno were the only one standing against one guy who stood in the middle with a gun. "Do you know who you're dealing with?"

"Yes, we know exactly who we're dealing with, don't worry."

"I don't think you do—" Reno began while stepping forward, but he was interrupted by a familiar voice they had definitely not expected to hear. All of them were shocked from that tone, the one that had consoled them for years; they were speechless. Their mouths stayed stuck gaped open as they stared at the entrance.

Even Nate recognized that voice and his breath fell stuck in his throat.

"Yes Reno, we do." The doors to the bar had been opened, but the civilians were too frightened to dare to stand. His blond hair had lengthened a bit and although it was tied into a bun, there were back strands that were left who reached the top of his pecs. It seemed he had been getting trained as well, since his physique differed from the ones they remembered. He kept a straight face the entire time, not allowing any of them to take notice of the series of memories and emotions rushing through his mind. "We know exactly who we're dealing with."

Bronsted and Reno couldn't help but exclaim at the same time, "Ralphy?!"