Chapter 141 - "I'll swallow it all."

His body jolted from the bed, his heavy breathing alarming as he clenched to his throat, wondering what was wrong with him. He had been dead asleep, and the next second, sat upwards gasping for air. It seemed as if he couldn't even get any air into his lungs until he heard, "Nathan, calm down."

When he glanced towards the edge of the bed, there stood a clearly irritated Lucius, who did not seem content the slightest that Nate had awakened. Instead, he scoffed and curled his lip in disdain, observing Nate's eye rapidly examine the room since he didn't recognize the blood red sheets and the red painted walls. He had never been in this room before, but the colour red didn't always pose the best expectations. It also didn't help that Lucius looked as if he hated Nate from deep within his core.

"We're in my bedroom." That was all he said; no explanation nor what occurred. All Nate remembered was having a conversation with Dante, and now being brutally awakened in Lucius' bed. The confusion across his face didn't elicit any sympathy from within Lucius, who merely spat, "You should be fine now, so be on your way." When no response came from Nate, who was still trying to recover memories from his mind, he was startled when Lucius hit the side of the bed, which caused the frame to quake. "I said, be on your way."

"Lucius," the panic in his tone was what caused Lucius' heart to thump. Nate raised his eyebrows, and Lucius felt guilty from how they coiled in such sadness, desperately trying to understand what had happened. "I'm sorry, I don't remember what happened." He looked down at his one hand, before realizing that his prosthetic wasn't there. "I don't even know what happened to me. I was talking to Dante and then here I am."

"You fainted." Lucius tilted his head to the side, examining the series of confusion and sorrow shift within Nate's eye. "Not from any physical condition, but Sarah said you had a mental breakdown." After a short pause, in a very low growl, Lucius said, "Apparently, it's all my fault."

Although Nate was surprised by hearing of the mental breakdown, Lucius being blamed was also causing more confusion in his mind. "Did someone say it was your fault?"

"Yes, your boyfriend." That was definitely what was irritating Lucius, since his nose wrinkled in fury when he said that. Then, it seemed he wanted to maintain his composure and not lash out on Nate, since he stepped away from the bed and exhaled a long sigh. Quivering fingers reached inside his pocket, and Nate wasn't surprised when Lucius retrieved a cigarette that he immediately lit. Before his first inhale, he muffled, "He was worried and came here so I could help you. But he did have a few things to say." He paused for a second and then snorted, "Apparently, I traumatized you." He faked quotation marks with his fingers when he said that, before starting to chuckle as if it was the dumbest thing he had ever heard.

Nate slowly shook his head, exhaling a sigh. "Lucius, that's not what I—"

"I broke you because I made you torture Blue with me," Lucius stepped closer, his cigarette between his fingers. After a short pause, he added in a much darker tone, "And by threatening to shoot myself in my room." Nate wasn't certain what to answer to that, and the pause made Lucius scoff and pointed towards the door. "You should be fine now, you can leave."

Nate felt his eye grow droopy again. He glanced at Lucius, his face contorted with hatred and rage as he inhaled another sharp intake from his cigarette. If Nate had any strength left in him, he would have argued with him and tried to reason with him, but he could barely even stand from the bed. If he had reached this level of physical exhaustion, imagine how his mind felt.

Thus, he exhaled a long sigh. "Fine, I'll leave."

It surprised Nate when Lucius threw his hand in the air and scoffed, "See, I knew you never gave a fuck about me." Nate had been removing the blanket from over him, when he froze for a moment, realizing what Lucius had said. Even worst, Lucius added, "You just used me because you were lonely and made it seem like we were friends."