Chapter 119 - Not Ready To Forgive You

"Orange!"

"...hmm...fuck...or-orange..."

"Yes, yes...Nate, holy...orange!"

"...fuck, I'm cumming again...Nate...orange, ah!"

"I call orange...please—!"

"You can't keep fucking calling the safe word, Dante." Dante inhaled a sharp breath when he heard this roar from Nate before he shoved the accessory he had been using onto the side.

He observed as Dante rolled to his side and begged, "Untie my hands, I'm tired." Although he had asked for it, the slashes across his chest were starting to sting, and his neck was already beginning to bruise. It had been enjoyable—profoundly enjoyable—that he himself couldn't maintain the self-composure to continue enduring Nate's acts. It was the first time he had repeatedly called the safe word, the ecstasy from the adrenaline climbing to his head terribly fast that he felt his brain would burst. He was shivering from the air itself, and when Nate finally released the cuffs around the back, he exhaled a long breath and let himself rest on the bed, closing his eyes.

Nate folded his arms, tilting his head to the side as he observe Dante's body continuously twitch.

His physique had gotten slimmer, and he didn't last as long as before, but it only made it even more thrilling to watch. He had always thought of this as pleasuring Dante, but this had also been pleasurable for him as well. He loved feeling this sense of power, of being able to do anything he wanted to Dante, but it was also the simple fact that it was Dante who was in his grasp. The ability to make him feel such lechery and being the only one who could, was practically a drug.

Dante's lips were partially opened, and although he knew Nate was still there, he felt way too exhausted to open his eyes. However, he was taken by surprise when he felt a warm flesh being pressed against his lips. They hadn't kissed once the entire time—they hadn't kissed in a while—and he felt stagnant for a moment before finally puckering his lips. It was a delicate kiss, a gentle one without any tongue, as if only to let it be known how much he endeared Dante.

He hated being apart from Dante, wanted to have him near every single second of the day. It was odd, since there seemed to be this rope intertwining their hearts together, his soul restless without Dante's presence. That was why he quietly admitted, "I'm sorry...for what I said about Raphael." Immediately, Dante's eyelids, who had felt heavier than ever, slowly opened as he stared at the genuineness behind Nate's gaze. "I should have allowed you to grieve, but I made it about myself because I was jealous. I shouldn't have put you through more hardship after his death and...I'm sorry, Dante." He hadn't expected to hear that, but it took Nate by surprise when the only reaction he got was a wrinkled nose and a frown. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You're high off of this," Dante commented, nodding his head since he felt too weak to wave around the room with his arm. "You're filled with emotions—you don't mean that." Nate tilted his head to the side to better the angle as he leaned in, planting another gentle on Dante's lips. He still returned the kiss, feeling Nate's fingers at the side of his jaw, holding his face steady as he stayed connected to Dante longer. When he pulled away, Dante's gaze only appeared sadder.

"I'm not ready yet." With that, it didn't matter how exhausted his body felt, he still stood to his feet and began grabbing his clothes that layered the ground.

Nate forced himself to maintain his composure, even though he wanted to stop him and convince him to stay in bed for a little longer, wishing to feel his warmth a bit more. "What do you mean?"

"Listen Nate," he breathed, tightening his shirt. "I love you and I don't think that'll ever go away. But," his teeth gritted for a moment, the memories rushing through his thoughts as he revealed, "I get angry every time I think of what you said about Raphael."

Nate's eyebrows curled sadly. "I just apologized."

"And I'm glad you did, but I'm not ready to forgive you yet."

That made Nate pause for a moment. There was a weight that fell from his heart and his stomach dropped. He never expected Dante to reject him in this way, especially when he realized what he had done wrong. "I don't find that fair at all."

Dante was now fully dressed and he turned his gaze towards Nate. "How so?"

"After what I went through," he motioned towards his missing limb and the eye patch covering the empty eye socket, "I still forgave you."

That made Dante snort. "Please Nate, our relationship was never based on lies so how about we don't start now?"

The attitude was a surprise for Nate, who inhaled a sharp breath as he attempted not to let his temper get the best of him. All he wanted was for their relationship to be fixed without this hostility, nor the tension that had been present ever since his rescue. That was why he exhaled a long soothing breath, closing his eye for a second before he replied calmly, "Is what I said a lie?"

"Yes," Dante chuckled, in disbelief that it was even being questioned. "You still haven't forgiven me yet, we both know that. You've been an absolute nightmare to me ever since—which I'm not blaming you by the way—but let's not act as if you forgave me either."

Unfortunately, Dante was right.

Before Nate could find something to respond, Dante didn't seem to be willing to have a conversation about it. He began heading towards the door without waiting for an answer as he sighed, "I can't be with you, Nate, at least not yet. Not until I can forgive you."