Chapter 1

The round shaped green grass stadium is lit with a lots of lights for the final match today..The crowds cheering the batsman... It's the final match... One ball four runs to win.. if the batsman hits this his team will win the test match cup..

The opposite team made their spin bowler to bowl for the last over...

The audience who are all the big fans of the cricket players wore their favourite player's jerseys and cheering them up by blowing the whistles and shouting their names..

In the crowd, many many people wore jersey no 15 in the player name of Rudra.. they all are the die hard fans of him.. his supporters..his well wishers.. his everything which keeps him to play hard..

Rudra, an talented young player in the Indian cricket team.. now, just focusing where he should hit the ball, the spin bowler came and throws the ball and he came forward and hit the ball hardly and it flew directly to the crowd and the umpire showed it as six..

And the other batsman who is playing with Rudra came and hugged him and patted his back and Rudra, took off his helmet and looked at the sky and thanked God and bowed down in front of audience..

His teammates ran to him and all hugged him... and congratulated him... He smiled and went to the caption and hugged him after receiving the wishes from his team.. his captain praised him and they started the fireworks for the victory..

After receiving his prize and the team received it's trophy, and giving a small interview they all went to their respective rooms exhausted...

After changing into his night dress he laid down on the bed and his mobile started to ring.. he looked at the caller ID "Thatha" and smiled and attend the call..

( Grandpa..)

Congratulations da.. nalla velyadina inaiku.. super.. I didn't expect this my boy.. way to go... He praised him..

( Congratulations.. you did well today.. )

Aiyo.. thatha.. it's enough.. how are you? How is your health? Had your dinner? He lined his questions..

I'm fine da.. and you know about my health.. leave that aside . And I had my dinner just now.. what about you?

I too had thatha.. just came to room and laid down...

Ok.. wait your mom and dad are waiting to talk with you.. and he talked with his parents and got their wishes and blessings.. he talked random things with them..

Ok appu, when will you come home? His dad asked..

All matches are over appa, I'll come home by tomorrow evening.. I miss you...

We miss you too kanna.. ok then, we will see tomorrow.. bye.. have a good sleep..

Bye appa..

They ended the call and he slept immediately in tired...

Kodikalpatti, a small village.. in the middle of the village, there stands a big ayyanar statue with horses in both sides.. he is called as guardian diety..

The poojari(priest of the temple) is doing his daily chores and a few people came to worship the god, offer their prayers..

He is cleaning the place and removing the old garland and applying kumkum and sandal for the statues..

Ammadi Meenakshi... Maala kattiacha? Sikiram va ma.. he called his daughter, who is making a big garland for the god, sitting in the a small room that consists of Pooja things.. she is wearing a red and green colour half saree and few glass bangles in her both hands and her long hair that goes upto her thighs in a loose braid with a single rose in that.. her forehead is adorned with a medium sized bindi and her sharp nose with a single white stone nose pin and a single black colour thread in her neck with rudraksha.. normally girls in villages don't wear that, but that is only thing she is keeping in the memory of her father... she turned and looked at her foster father who is calling her...

( if you done tying the garland please bring here quickly)

Haaannn.. idho vandhuten paa...

( I'm coming father)

She said and ran to him with garlands in her hand..

Wind blows while she ran to her father and it made the temple bells to move and it made sound and she came...

Meenakshi mogatha kaalaila pathutu pona andha naal naama nenacha madiri sandhoshama irukum.. a women said and smiled at her...

(If we see Meenakshi in the morning, that day will go well)

Meenakshi gave a small smile and went to help her father.. he did his Pooja and offered vibhuti and vermillion to the devotees and they left from there...

Meena, you can go ma.. I'll come after sometime.. he said and she nodded her head and started to her home..

Her house, will be like any another houses in Village, a house with clay tile roof..

She entered her house which front was decorated in beautiful rangoli design by Meenakshi this morning, the somewhat big living room with few flowers to make garland for the diety is in one corner ,and a small wooden single cot, few household things here and there and she went to the kitchen which is having a mud stove which can be used with wooden sticks.. and she took a lota of water and drank that... There is another room beside the kitchen, in that they kept all their dresses in few wooden and old iron suitcases, and her father will keep his important things there. and the backyard behind the kitchen with open bathroom for taking bath and a toilet..

She had her grandfather, her birth father's dad, who passed away before six months.. on her eighteenth birthday he did what he wanted to do for many years, for his Meenakshi's future and took his last breath

Meenu... Vandhutiya?? Her sister, Jeevitha asked asked..

(Meenu.. you came?)

Her foster father has one girl and one boy... The girl is also stopped her education in fourth standard like Meenakshi.. because they have to walk fifteen kilometres for further classes.. so he stopped them for going to school as they think that education is not necessary for girls.. her father is only sending his younger son, Jayaram, who is now studying fifth standard to the school .. he will go by bicycle..

Yes... I came just now.. where is amma?

She went to Kamala aunt's house.. she will come by afternoon.. come, till then we will finish the cooking, I'll help you.. after that you have to wash our clothes also.. she huffed and Meenakshi nods her head and they both started the cooking..

By afternoon Meenakshi's mom and dad came and they all had lunch together and their day went like that... She went to sleep after finishing all her chores.. Meenakshi and her sister Jeevitha will sleep in the room and the other three will sleep in the hall.. she laid down the mat for all and kept pillows and bedsheets and switched off the lights and went to sleep with Jeevitha who is now waiting for her.. she immediately hugged Meenakshi and both slept eventually...