Chapter 9

As said by Komathi, she sent two ladies to do a nalangu ritual for Rudra at early morning four o clock.. they came and woke up all.. 

Devaraj went to call Rudra and Vijay who is sleeping in the terrace..

Vijay.. Rudra... Open the door.. he knocked the door.. 

They groaned and opened the door.. 

Dad!! What happened? 

Rudra, the ladies came to do the ritual.. get ready and come downstairs.. no need to take bath.. after the rituals only you have to take bath.. so be quick and come.. 

Ok dad.. 

Appa.. can I come without taking bath? Vijay asked.. 

Sir, neenga vandhalum sari varalanalum sari.. Avan vandha podhum.. avanuku dhan marriage.. devaraj teased him..

(You may or may not come, marriage is for him not for you)

En mela yarukum pasame ila.. Vijay cried fakely..

( nobody cares about me)

Ne oru group of companies ku CEO.. andha madhiri behave panu da.. loosu payale.. vandhu tholainga sikiram.. saying this he went down..

( you are a CEO for a group of companies.. Behave like that , crazy boy.. come quickly

After few minutes Rudra came with Vijay.. 

They made both Rudra to sit in the wooden stool laid in the middle and asked Vijay to sit on the other stool beside him.. 

They kept heated oil with few herbs on Rudra's head and applied the oil for his face, hands and legs.. then they wore a small jasmine garland around his neck and applied sandal paste for him.. they did the same to Vijay also, it's the culture to do this for a boy whom called as thunai maapilai ( grooms brother or close friend) and at last they took Aarti and blessed them with flowers.. 

You can go and take bath.. and wear the muhurtam dress and get ready.. our men will come and fetch you to the temple in half an hour.. saying this the ladies went.. 

They all started to get ready.. 

Rudra took bath first and got ready in the white silk shirt and dhoti.. then Vijay also got ready wearing red shirt and white dhoti.. 

They came downstairs and looked at the parents and Shiva thatha whom got ready in new dresses and sitting in the couch.. 

Hey.. Rudra.. you look so handsome.. Soundarya said as soon as she looked at Rudra...

Thanks maa.. 

Rudra.. congratulations!! Good luck and be happy with Meenakshi.. make us proud by being a good husband for her.. devaraj said.. 

Hmmm...he nodded...

Kanna.. I'm so happy... I waited for this day only.. hereafter I don't care about my health and my life.. I'll be happy to take my last breath after seeing your marriage.. Shiva thatha said with tears in his eyes...

Thatha.. appa.. 

Don't talk like that.. Devaraj said...

Hmmm.. 

Jayaram came with a man in that time.. 

Appa asked me and this mama to escort you all.. Jayaram said.. 

Ok big boy.. we will come .. Soundarya said and ruffled his hair.. 

They locked the door and Vijay went to the driver seat and started the car.. Rudra sat beside Vijay.. his parents and grandpa sat in the back seat and Jayaram and that man went in the scooter ahead of them..