Chapter 7

What happened there man? I'm asking for the last half an hour and you are not opening your mouth to talk and came to my home to drink the coffee? Vijay asked in frustration.. 

After coming from the village, next day, Rudra called Vijay and informed him that he will come to his home.. he has been sitting in silence and sipping the coffee...

We went there yesterday.. Rudra said..

Where? 

Where she lives.. her native.. 

Whom you are talking about?

Meenakshi...

Oh!! Why so suddenly? 

Grandpa decided to do our engagement yesterday... 

You piece of dash.. can't able to inform this big news to me? What are you...

Look.. just stop.. we i mean my parents and grandpa and her parents and siblings were there.. nobody else.. sudden arrangement.. 

Ok.. why are you talking like a robot? 

Because I feel like one.. nobody cares about me and my feelings.. they are concerned about their promises made before we were born... and so concerned about her..That is going to ruin my life... He sighed

Really you didn't like her means you have to stand strictly against that da.. this may spoil her life too.. 

What? How is her life is going to be bad? She will get to live in a luxurious home, maids to serve her, a lot of money, my supportive parents and grandpa and shopping etc.. 

And one more thing, no loving husband... Vijay said ...

Yeah.. definitely... 

I'm not at all feeling good about this decision of yours.. marriage is not an play Rudra.. 

I made promise to my grandpa... I can't make him worry more and that can lead his health issues to get worse..

Then what about you Rudra? 

Do I look I'm caring about myself anymore... Just, I myself want to live my life for them it seems.. he rubbed his face in frustration...

Vijay received a call.. 

It's Very important da, please wait for few minutes I'll be back.. he said and went away...

Rudra leaned on the headrest and closed his eyes.. he received few notifications in his mobile and he unlocked his mobile to see few messages from his father.. he opened the messages.. 

It was the photos of their engagement.. his dad did clicked pictures of them and sent to Rudra.. 

He looked at Meenakshi and a small smile formed on his face without his knowledge..

He kept on looking every photos of her.. he smiled and his eyes gleamed in happiness while looking at a particular photo, that Rudra was bidding bye to her and she looking shyly at her feet fidgeting with her saree pallu.. it seems they stood very close to each other.. 

Vijay came and looked him in confusion.. 

Why he is smiling like this? He thought and went behind him and looked at the pictures.. he widened his eyes and shouted.. 

Hey you...!!! Traitor... 

Rudra jerked and clutched his heart.. 

Idiot.. you scared me.. 

That is maybe my intention... Who is that? He motions to his mobile..

Rudra rolled his eyes and gave him the mobile ...