Chapter 64

Meena ma.. just hold on.. I'll come now.. Soundarya said to Meenakshi who is crying in pain holding her bump...

Athai.. I'm so scared.. what if something...

No no Meena.. it's just pain because of spicy food or maybe body heat.. nothing else.. don't worry.. I'll come in a second.. just wait dear please.. she cooed caressing her hair.. 

Hmmm... Okay... She whispered and Soundarya hurriedly went to the kitchen shouting Shanti's name.. 

Soundarya amma.. what happened? Shanti ma asked perplexed..

Meenakshi is crying in stomach pain.. what shall we do now? You go and be with her.. I'll call the doctor and Rudra's dad.. she said panicking..

Amma... Please wait.. yesterday she told us that she ate outside food.. I think because of that she is having pain now.. wait a minute.. she ran inside the kitchen and came with two bottles of water.. 

Amma.. in this I kept jeera water for her.. ask her to drink this sip by sip.. I'll come in few minutes.. she said and went again.. Soundarya climbed the stairs with the bottles.. 

Meena.. here drink this.. she said and poured the water in a glass and gave that to her.. 

Athai.. valikidhu athai... She moaned in pain.. 

( Athai.. it's so painful..)

Wait wait ma.. Shanti ma is coming.. she said and sat beside her.. 

Shanti ma came with a few things and sat on the other side of her on the bed.. 

Meena ma... I'll apply this oil to your stomach and I'll give a soft massage.. it will help to reduce the pain.. We will go to the doctor afterwards okay? She asked.. 

Okay Shanti ma.. she whispered..

Shanti ma lifted her top and loosened her pant and placed it below her lower stomach.. she took oil in her palm and applied it and placed a few drops in her navel.. then she gave a quick massage and left to wash her hands.. 

Meena ma.. don't keep your top above the stomach.. let it be like this for fifteen minutes.. then we will see okay? 

What's this oil Shanti? Soundarya asked..

Castor oil ma.. it will help to reduce body heat.. she said and gave a glass of cold milk to her.. 

Meena ma.. drink this.. 

No Shanti ma.. I'm scared to eat anything.. please I don't want that.. will something happen to...

Maa.. don't worry.. it will only help to reduce the heat.. nothing will happen.. believe me maa.. I even once experienced this during my pregnancy.. my mother did this only.. please drink this and don't cry Meena ma.. Shanti ma said lovingly..

Soundarya wiped her tears and hugged her.. 

I'm here Meena.. don't worry.. nothing will happen.. just drink this milk slowly.. okay? She said and Meenakshi nodded..

Saringa athai.. she said and started drinking the milk..

While she was drinking her mobile rang.. Shanti ma took her mobile from the bed side table and Meenakshi gasped looking at her husband's name displaying on the screen.. he is doing a video call.. 

Athai.. she panicked..

Meena ma.. what ma? She asked in concern.. 

Your son.. she said and gulped.. 

Aiyo.. avana? Perusa ragala panuvaane.. don't attend that now.. talk with him later.. she said and the call got cut after the full ring.. 

( Oh my God!! Is that him? He will do a big drama.. )