Chapter 58

Athai, can we plant jasmine flowers in our flower garden?

I'll ask the gardener to look into it Meena ma.. anything else you want?

Nothing athai... They both were talking about random things sitting in the garden having their evening tea.. nobody is home as they all went to office and Rudra is yet to return from his practice...

Athai, I want to ask you one thing.. Meenakshi hesitated..

Meena ma.. tell me, what happened? Why you are hesitating to ask me.. any problem? She asked in concern..

Aiyo, no problem and all athai.. I need permission for one thing..

What ma? Tell me kanna...

That, mmmm...next week our second year wedding anniversary, so... I just... wanted to buy a gift for your son..

Soundarya nodded her head and asked her to continue..

Shall I withdraw some money from my bank account? The money which Vijay anna gave me..?

Meena... Soundarya said in a strict tone making her to look at her..

Why you are asking me this? That too like a permission? That is your money ma, no need to ask me to use that.. and even if you want anything from me or your mama you don't have to be this hesitant.. that is our money okay? For whom your thatha and mama are working hard? For you, for Rudra and for your future kids ma.. you don't need to ask permission from me for do anything okay?

Thankyou athai..

She smiled and nodded her head..

Athai... Then I'll ask Vijay anna to help me to go to the bank and withdraw some money.. she took her mobile..

Don't you have debit card? Isn't it the same account which Rudra opened for you?

Yeah!!! I forgot that.. she smiled and slapped her forehead softly..

Silly girl.. I'm happy that you remembered atleast this year.. I don't know what he will do this time.. if he forgets like last time I'm going to seperate you from him for a month.. she gasped..

Athai.. why? Meenakshi asked and Soundarya shrugged..

I really mean it.. and you should not open your mouth to him about this.. otherwise I don't know what I'll do.. I wanted to see what my son is going to do.. understand? she said with firey eyes..

Yeah yeah.. okay.. Meenakshi said..

Athai.. can you please accompany me for shopping?

No never.. you go with Jhanvi.. she will help you.. my tastes will be old and bore for you.. she said ..

Athai.. please...

No Meena ma.. as you are going to buy gifts for your husband, you have to take Jhanvi with you... She is also young and she will have more and better ideas than me...

Saringa athai... She said and called Jhanvi and informed her..

When he is going out for his practice? Jhanvi asked

Akka, he went today only, so he will go after two or three days..

Okay, on that day we will go out and do shopping for him.. you just think about what to buy, I'll also think about that.. okay?

Ok akka... Bye..

Bye Meena..

Then the mother in law and daughter in law stopped their plan as Rudra came there..