Chapter 37

It's been two days... Meenakshi didn't opened her eyes and Rudra's condition seems worsen by every passing hours..

At night the doctor came to check Meenakshi...

He did his usual routine and sighed.. I just wanted to run few tests on her.. then I'll talk about her.. he said and they did ran scans and tests... After mid night the doctor came with the results...

Doctor what happened? Is everything fine? Devaraj asked..

Yeah... She is doing good...

Then why the **** she is not opening her eyes and talking with me? Rudra asked in anger, frustrated and helplessness...

Why? Why? He whispered..

I just want to tell you all an important thing, please don't get emotional...

All gulped hearing him...

I was worried about her pulse first, but now nothing to worry about that... She is all fine inside.. the test results are good.. I don't know what's happening inside her.. maybe today or tomorrow she has to open her eyes and gain consciousness, otherwise there may be a chance that she can go to coma permanently... Lets hope.. be patient and trust God.. he said and left..

Soundarya started to sob hearing this and Devaraj stood silently without knowing what to do.. Krish hugged Rudra tightly.. they all sat there just like a statue ...

Soundarya started to pray the god..

At dawn, Soundarya felt so weak.. so Devaraj took her to their house..

Rudra was sitting beside Meenakshi, folding his hands and looking at her...

Rudra... Go and get refresh.. Krish whispered to him and pushed him inside the bathroom.. Rudra starred at his reflection in the mirror.. he washed his face and brushed his teeth.. he went out and sat beside her . Krish gave him a cup of coffee.. but he refused that and asked Krish to wait outside...

He sat beside her and kept his head on her shoulder... He took a deep breath..

Meenakshi.. I know that you are hearing me.. you will do whatever I think and ask na? Then why you are not opening your eyes de? Don't you want to see me, see your athai went so weak, she waited for you, without eating and drinking anything...are you fine with this? Are you okay with her not eating anything? Hmmm ... Seems like you are okay with this . He whispered and tears poured from her eyes which unnoticed by him because of his position...

I need you de, our home is not at all lively without you there, without your devotional songs for god at early morning.. without your cooking, without your talkings... without you running around like a kid wearing that anklets, making tinkling sounds...

Trust me, more than others I'm in worse state because of you... Are you happy now? Hmmm? Do you want to see me crying for you, but you are hearing my cries for the past two days, isn't it enough for you? Or do you want more? I'm exhausted ladoo ma.... really...

Please de, have some mercy on me.. he said and kept his hands on her tummy..

I miss our time de, I miss our cuddles, I miss our kisses, our coffee time, our cuddling time in balcony, I miss you Chella pondati... En kita vandhudu de...naan ne ilama odanju poiruken de...

( Please come tomme, and I'm so heartbroken without you)

His tears started to wet her hospital gown.. he sobbed uncontrollably..

Ezhundhu de..Meenakshi... ezhundhu de... please de... ennala mudiyalaya de ..enaku ne venum de, ne illana enaku inime life ku artham eh ila de... En pattu kutty la ne, en ladoo la, ne en uir la de... Va de... He screamed and looked at her.. he widened his eyes seeing tears from her eyes.. he stood up and shook her by calling her name again and again...