Chapter 13

Next morning..

Amma, when we are going to fix the surgery date? Rudra asked Soundarya while all are having breakfast together..

What surgery? She asked..

Thatha's surgery maa, doctor advised us to do the surgeon as soon as possible, but it's been more than a month now... he said and Devaraj chocked...

Mama.. careful.. Meenakshi patted his head and gave water..

Thanks ma..

What surgery thatha? Any problem? Meena asked..

Nothing da.. just.. Shiva thatha said

What nothing? You were in ICU for a week last month, and you are telling nothing? Rudra yelled .

Why you are shouting? It's just.. I don't want to scare her.. that's all.. thatha said..

Oh!! Then I'll talk with the doctor today and fix an appointment for the consultation.. then after that we will fix the surgery date...

Actually I already fixed an appointment tomorrow Rudra.. you don't worry, we will first go and consult him and then we will do the surgery.. I'll inform you after meeting the doctor.. Devaraj said..

Oh is it? Ok dad.. then I'll accompany you also.. tomorrow I'm free only.. Rudra said and went to wash his hands..

Aiyo.. they three said in unison and Meena looked them in confusion and worry.. Soundarya seen this and smiled at her..

It's nothing da, before your marriage thatha got some health issues, so he was admitted in hospital for few days.. doctor advised us to do a small surgery.. that's what we are talking about.. Soundarya said..

Meenakshi immediately came to thatha and kneels down infront of his chair and held his hands..

Thatha... why you didn't tell anything about this to me..? How are you now Thatha? Any pain or anything? She asked in worry..

Nothing kannamma, I'm fine.. just tomorrow we will know how I'm doing.. you don't worry.. he said caressing her hair.. Rudra came and saw Meenakshi talking with Shiva thatha and left from there after bidding bye to them..

After breakfast. Shiva thatha and Devaraj went to thatha's room and sighed Soundarya to come..

She nodded and went to Meenakshi..

Meena ma..?

Athai..

Can you please cook lunch for us today? I'm craving for vatha kozhambu da.. and also your mama wants to eat from your hands..
(A spicy gravy)

Sure athai.. why you are requesting me, I'll definitely do..

Ok ma, I'm going upstairs, and shanthi ma, help her in cooking she ordered the maid and she nodded her head..

Ok da.. she patted her cheeks and went to thatha's room..

Where is Meena? Devaraj asked as soon as Soundarya entered into the room..

I asked her to cook lunch for us.. so she will be busy.. Soundarya said while closing the door..

Ok.. what are we going to do now appa? How we will handle Rudra? Devaraj asked..

See, I have one idea.. we will go to hospital tomorrow as per our plan.. I'll talk with the doctor prior and ask him to continue the act.. while checking me he will ask some personal space.. so that time I'll ask him to tell one thing to you all...

What mama? Soundarya asked..

That, as considering my age there is more risks if we do the surgery here In India.. and he will tell us to go to Singapore and do the surgery, because one of his friend who is expert in senior citizens heart surgery is there.. so we will go to Singapore..