Chapter 6| Exhibit One

Sabrina’s POV

School is starting in the next three weeks, to cut the story short, it means I have to stand Ya Anisha for the next three weeks. Right now I can differentiate which one is harder to do, Mama's endless nagging, gaslighting, and emotional blackmailing or Ya Anisha’s fight, bitterness, and toxicity. It was just yesterday that I came here but it felt like a month already.

Yesterday, when I came back from the park, I tried as much as I could to avoid her, it was Rubina who came in and stayed with me for almost all night until her nanny picked her up. Sarah brought in my food after Isha, so I decided to watch my favorite actor film (Ranveer Singh) to lighten up my mood, and I chose ‘Rocky Aur Rani ki prem Kahani’ The film is an emotional roller coaster ride, one minute you are laughing and the next one your shedding tears.

Right now, I am making a sandwich for myself in the kitchen, it's 8 in the morning, Sarah is late and I am too hungry for my good. I can’t help it.

I was very attentive to what I was doing and didn't hear her entering at all. Who if not Anisha, I just pray that she didn't come here to fight me this early morning.

“Good morning. ” I heard her say.

“Morning,” I said, still doing what I was doing and I heard her footsteps getting closer.

“I know you think that I am a sour loser, for what happened yesterday. But I was just trying to make a change. I am sorry.” She said. Still justifying her actions. Great!

“It happened yesterday and today is a new day, so forget, it's in the past,” I said, I looked up and something terrible caught my attention, a huge brutal mark on her neck.

“What is this mark on your neck Ya Anisha? I asked and I watched her body go frozen.

Anisha’s POV

“What is this mark on your neck Ya Anisha? Sabrina asked and I froze immediately, Innalillahi! I had forgotten that I washed away the concealer yesterday when I went to bed and I didn't remember to apply it before coming down.

“Oh this mark, it's nothing,” I said trying not to stammer or sound frightened. “I got into an accident you know, that was what happened. ” I said, avoiding any chance of eye contact with her.

“What? Accident? When? And how? Was that why you said you were sick yesterday?... She asked worriedly. One thing I know and will never argue with is that Sabrina loves me with all of her beings, We can fight for Africa but the moment she sees something or someone harmful near me, she will make sure that she eliminates it, no matter what it takes.

“Calm down  Sabrina, That was why I didn't tell Mama or any of you at home, It wasn’t serious and I am perfectly fine,” I assured.

“But it looks more like a fight or sort, you know, your neck looks like a color print of red and purple. ” She scrutinized the place worriedly.

“It was the seat belt, Sabrina, and you know have the most sensitive skin.” I fibbed. Praying silently.

“What are taking for that? She asked.

“They gave me some ointment and painkillers in the hospital, I am fine Sabrina, stop worrying about that, okay?

“It's fine but take this.” She said and handed me the tray of her sandwich and latte. “Eat and take your medicine on time,” she said. Oh, my darling sister. If only she knows.

“What of you? You did it because you are hungry, isn't it? I protest.

“No, it's okay, I will make another one for myself, you should eat first.” She suggested. The way she showed me care within a few minutes made me regret the hurtful things I said to her yesterday even though she was 90% right.