Chapter 59| Goodbye Abuja!

Sabrina's POV

I was done changing my clothes when the door went open, I changed into a golden color Abaya again, it was too shiny but I could not open the trolley and dig deep, also I could not wear heavy clothes and the Abaya was in the top.

The door opened, and I took a deep breath preparing myself mentally, I thought it was Anisha, but it was Ruby, when I turned.

“Your room is empty Aunt Sabrina is it true that you are leaving? She asked she looked sad, pouting her lips childishly. My God, this is my weakness in this house, Rubina, she occupies half of my heart.

“Yes Rubina, I am,” I said. She walked and stood in the middle of the room watching around.

“Is it true that Abdul Majeed is dead? She asked her eyes welling up, and so were mine, at the mention of his name, I felt a sharp pain ripping my heart, as if she was telling me for the first time. I squatted to her height and held her shoulders.

“Who told you? I asked.

“I heard you telling my Mom yesterday, is it true? She asked hopefully, tears fell from her eyes unintentionally but then I wiped them off, I needed her to be strong.

“Yes, it is true Ruby, he was gone yesterday but he is in a better place, Allah will take care of him because he is a good person,” I persuaded.

“Does that mean we are not going to see him again? She started crying.

“Yes, my love, but he is with Allah, Allah loves him the most that is why he took him away, the world was very unkind to him and he deserves all the happiness,” I said to make her feel better but she broke into tears and hugged me so tight.

“Aunt Sabrina, please don't go,” She sobbed, “I hate it here, Abdul Majeed was gone and you are going to leave too, Aunt Sarah left without saying goodbye, and my Mom is always in her room crying and my dad doesn't even talk to me, that woman will always give me ice cream and will not sleep at night, please don't go, Aunt Sabrina,” She cried. I did not know when I burst into tears hugging her tighter.

“It's going to be okay Ruby, stop crying, I will come back one day, I need you to be strong, be that strong girl that you are don't worry, Celestine and Jenny are here, they will take good care of you, and I will always call you to check on you,” I said, I stood up and walked to the dressing mirror and picked up the Instax camera that was given to her by MJ.

“Take this,” I said squatting down, “It was given to you by Abdul Majeed yesterday, he bought it for you as a birthday gift, I set everything for you, do snap pictures with it and I will rate your photography skills when I come back,” I said, she was still sad and hiccuping.

“Aunt Sabrina, am I a good person? She asked.

“Of course darling, you are a very good girl,” I replied not knowing where this conversation was heading.

“If I die today, will I be in a better place like MJ? Will Allah take care of me? She asked, Ya salam, this is breaking my heart.

“Yes, you will be in a better place like MJ,” I asserted, wiping my face.

“I want to die, Aunt Sabrina, I want to die too,” She burst into tears and I hugged her immediately, Ya Allah bring us to ease, Ya Allah this is unbearable, Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi rajiun! Does this little soul wish for death?!  Ya Allah untangle this tangle, I cried.

“No Rubina, Allah will not be happy with you if you wish death upon yourself, just pray for ease, and always talk to Allah when you find yourself in trouble, he will answer you but don't ask for death,” I cautioned her. She nodded hopelessly and I stood up, I dragged my two trolleys out just to find Anisha standing by the door.