Chapter 38| A Day Out

Anisha's POV

Rolling off of his convoy signifies their departure and as soon as I was sure, I dialed Jalila's number, gladly she answered at the first dial.

"Mrs. M.A Wazeeri, tell me that it's goodness or I will run naked on the street." She joked.

"Can you be serious, Jalila?" I revoke the joke.

"Are you crying, Anisha? What is it? Hope everything is okay," She jabbered. The question pushed me to the edge without knowing how

"Okay? Jalila did you hear what you should say? How can everything be okay Jalila? I cried and yelled at exasperatedly.

"Anisha calms down and talk to me the way I will understand, you are scaring me, what is it? She inquired, fear evident in her voice.

"Jalila, Hajiya was here this morning, and as always the argument got heated, one thing led to another I got dragged by the head, and the charm-knot all fell off from my hair...," The loud gasp she let out was an automatic sign of catastrophe at its peak.

"Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un! Wallahi Anisha, you are the unluckiest girl alive! Haba! How do things never go straight in your life?! She shouted bewildered.

"Before you say it, I was told by your peers that I was the luckiest girl alive and now you here telling me that I am the unluckiest girl alive, that is how you guys keep lying as if you come from the family of Musailamah Al khazzab! I blew up at her.

"What did you just say? She slurred. "Anisha if I said you were the most ungrateful human that I have ever known then believe me, I did not lie! How can I be struggling for you and every time things choke up you end up raining blame on me? She retorted

"Because you always find a way to align bad luck and the unfortunate incidence of my life Jalila, what is the meaning of what to just said, I am fade up!

"Your tiredness is not a license for you to be relating to me with a prominent liar Anisha! And I know that you are going through a lot, enough for me to know that you are in great confusion but what I said has nothing to do with you but the way I felt about the circumstances! She talks back

"Fine Jalila, have it your way but just tell me what to do," I let out but then I heard a strange noise from her side of the phone. Jalila?! Oh lord.

"How am I meant to know? I am sorry to say that things run smoothly only in other people's lives but not yours...

"Jalila where are you? I cut her off with a cold question.

"None of your business Anisha, I am coming." She gave me a freezing reply in a hurry.

"Jalila don't you dare bring Ummi Galadima to my house." I gave her I strict warning.

"Anisha I said I was coming." She aggressively affirmed and hung up the call.

May Allah guide you Jalila!

Sabrina's POV

"C'mon MJ, you cannot catch me! Rubina laughed running away from him, they were playing hide and seek in the park. She blindfolded him and was enjoying the game. He was fully indulged as he turned himself into a child. Rubina and MJ are now the best of friends, as they couldn't stay without meeting each other for more than three days, Rubina has found a father figure in him and also a friend cos she has none.

"I am coming, you will not outsmart me again, where are you." he stumbles and falls dramatically. It was funny and heartwarming seeing them like this, they were done painting a townlet so they decided to play hide and seek. While they were indulged in their game. I decided to sit down on the patio park bench pretending as if I was watching them but deep down it was my body that was just there.