Chapter 60| Hello Kaduna!

Sabrina's POV

After boarding and everything, I was sitting at the reception waiting for the announcement. Tears couldn't stop rolling from my eyes as I dived into the world of memories and love, MJ died with a wound from the acid he took for me, he loved me so much that I have never thought anyone could love someone in reality, let alone me, but the question here is would I ever find someone that could love me the way MJ did?

“Will you take this, Anam? Anam Cara? Came a voice from nowhere, it was someone offering me a hankie when I looked up it was a guy, he was smiling at me, he looked like a foreigner, maybe a bio-ratio, he was wearing a white sweatshirt and knee-length length coat, with jeans, he looked like an Adidas model. I looked away and refused to take the hankie.

“Take it, it will be of use, Anam,”  he insisted, to avoid long negotiations, I took it and muttered thank you, and he walked away and I sighed of relief, some people are just good at interference for no reason.

The flight to Kaduna felt like a blink of an not like when I was coming to Abuja, to my greatest surprise, the guy who was calling with a strange name, was the one who sat next to me on the plane, gladly he was not meddling but kept looking at me like he knows me somewhere, but I did pay heed to him at all.

When we landed, I made sure my things were intact and I left the airport on time, I took a taxi that was heading to GRA, to go and face my greatest fear, Baba. I just hope he won't come up with a ridiculous decision, I just hope things will go easy, and I pray, Aunty I too know and Aunt Perfection will be nowhere to interrupt, Also, Aunty Salmah, the Knowledgeable who was living in Kaduna, I hope she won't be here. 

When we parked in front of the house, my heart was beating a marathon, the driver helped with my luggage before he left. When I knocked on the gate Malam Tanko, the gateman, opened the small door for me and helped me with the huge trolleys, None of Baba's cars were in the parking lot, but Mama's was there.

Umaima the house help came out yelling my name happily, my Umaimai. She is a whole character, talkative like no other, she will make you laugh for Africa.

“Aunty Sabrina! Sannu da zuwa! She yelled and hugged me, “We have missed you so much in this house, you know I don't have a phone, I could have called you Baaba Larai was always talking about you, I have never thought you would come back this earlier,” She foolishly giggle, despite how anxious and sad I was, she made me laugh. She was being honest and innocent.

“I missed you too Umaimai! How have you been? I asked as we walked into the house.

“I am fine Aunty Sabrina, when Hajiya told me that you were coming back today, I opened your room and swept it, I even burned bakhoor in the room, your favorite, white Sandal,” She narrated.

“Wow! Thank you so much Umaima, where is Mama? I asked when entered the living room where Malam Tanko kept my trolleys.

“She is Upstairs with Aunt Saudah,” She announced and my heart froze for a second, it's okay, help me with the other trolley, before you tell her that I am here, I said dragging the other trolley to my room, She was right, the room was intact and beautiful as I left it, it was so similar to the one Anisha curated in Abuja, but then Abuja was the last thing I want to remember, I kept my bag and my veil on the bed before sitting down, I took in a deep breath, preparing myself mentally for this war I haven't seen coming. Hell, when last did I see anything coming, every time I think I have seen it all, something ridiculous happened, and now I don't even want to think.

Umaima brought me a bottle of water before she proceeded to tell Mama that I arrived. I used the chance to pray Asr before the war started.

I was on the prayer mat when the two women came in, I stood up and removed my hijab just to find them looking at me like I had grown a second head before they burst into a deep laugh clapping their hands, I don't know what that meant but I am sure it doesn't mean well.