Chapter 25| Crushed

Sabrina’s POV

“What?! Anisha sniffed, “You called the police on them?!

“Yes, I did! I called the police on them! And they are coming in this instant!
I assured.

“What is your problem? You silly girl! He raised his hand in an attempt to slap me but I dodged.

“Hit me and I will make sure you sleep in the station today regardless of how influential are you! I will defame you by making a video of when the police are arresting you and making it go viral on social media by creating a fake account and tagging all the bloggers and media platforms!

“Are you mad?! Nadeera questioned bamboozled.

“Yeah, I am if you think so because I  am even recording this whole conversation.” I laughed.

“What?! They gasped and that was when Rubina ran into the room and hugged me tight.

“Hey Rubina what is it? I asked gently.

“No, no, no, no, she kept repeating.

“Calm down and talk to me Ruby, what is it?

“They are many.” she cried, she was talking about the police. I went down to her height, to be able to calm her down, she was choking on her breath.

“Calm down baby, calm down I am here, no one can do anything for you, they won't harm you, okay? I wiped her tears while she hiccups. I watched as Anisha Limped toward us passing by Nadeera.

“Rubina, calm down, they are friends okay? She placed her hand on her shoulder, but the girl flinched and hugged me. “Don’t touch me! She cried. Holding me so tight as if she saw death. I have never pitied Anisha like today, the moment I looked into her eyes I saw a broken heart, the pain I saw was a thousandth time more than the one I saw the day she was forced to introduce Nadeera to me.

Jenny came in a haze with Karima tailing behind her, they both looked tensed.
“Good evening sir,” they greeted Mukhtar. “We have welcomed in some visitors...I mean the policemen...they are...they are coming in here.” Karima stammered at the sight of the gun.

“Carry the gun and put it into the drawer behind! I ordered to Nadeera. “And you Anisha, come and lay on the bed!

“What?! They both asked, one out of audacity and the other out of anxiety.

“Stay and keep asking me unnecessary questions because the moment they come in the truth will be out and you guys are done! I authoritatively declared. Teem with arrogance Nadeera picked up the gun I hid in the drawer while Anisha walked to the bed and lay down.

“Look,” Mukhtar said inches to my face.“Know what to tell these people otherwise I will make sure that your life is distraught. He threatened.

“You can't force me into doing anything this instant Mukhtar Abdul Samad Wazeeri! You need to behave yourself before I tarnish you! Jump back to your right senses! I warned with the same gravity.

“Hello! Came a strange voice, it was a policeman with the tag Mohammed Faruq, along with four others. He was tall and dark-skinned, almost the same height as Mukhtar.

They walked into the room with full audacity. “Assalamu Alaikum.” He said to Mukhtar and shook hands.”

“We received a call from the private urgent speed dial that located us at this house, claiming accident and emergency?  Is everything fine? He asked. The man explained.

“Yes sir, I was the one that called, it was my sister here who jostled with an accident, she slipped on a broken bottle and there was too much blood flow, we decided to take her to the hospital and we know we will not get accepted without a police report, but her husband here was able to stop the blood here with help of his friend here, who is a healthcare provider.” my eyes darted between the two of them disgustingly, especially Nadeera who was still in her bra and shorts, forgetting that the policeman was examining the scene.