Chapter 65| Denial and Manipulation

Sabrina's POV

“Don't you dare spit out such things at us Salmah, it is not like you are a saint also,” Aunt Saudah warned rudely as if Aunt Salmah was not her elder sister.

“Will you shut up Ya Saudah?! Is she not telling the truth?! What a shame is that?! Uncle Hafeez scolded.

“It is not Saudah's fault Hafeez, it was Rukhsar, she was the one behind all this, I know it! And I am commanding all of you to return every single penny you know you have collected from her otherwise it is on your marriage Rukhsar, the compensation will be the death of your marriage! Baba coldly assured.

“Innalillahi wa'inna ilaiji rajiun! Alhaji? Anisha, what have you caused for me? Wallahi I will never forgive you for that. What did I ever collect from you? Is it not just five hundred thousand that you gave us to pay for the train?! Mama cried while Aunt Saudah rolled her eyes carelessly, this is not her problem, while Aunt Haseena is just a dealer of bad advice.

“Mama I am not as dumb as you think, I am still Anisha the pen breaker if I go to the bank right now, you won’t like it because of the amount that I have sent to you from the first year of the marriage up to last could reach what is in Dangote's savings, so don't even start it with me, just bring it back as Baba said,” Anisha proclaimed, Alhaji Barkindo and Aunt Salmah giggle at the mentioned of Dangotes Savings, it is not her fault they are the ones frustrating her.

“Such a lie! Mama yelled.

“Shut up! Baba scolded until she flinched.

“Anisha, we are your parents and as we all told you before taking you to your husband's house, marriage is patient and marriage is tolerance, there is no way you will achieve anything in your marriage without patience and diligence, you know that but I don't know what trigger all this lies and stubbornness, but whatever it is that enters your head and makes you behave in such a way, I want you to know that you will not be tolerated here because you are canceled, you know longer have a space here, calm down and stop exaggerating things since you are lucky your husband is willing to take you back,” Uncle Hafeez persisted.

“If you forced me back to that house I would kill him, I would kill Mukhtar, I would kill Nadeera, and I be killed also because I will not hide, I will report myself to the police, and tell them everything that has happened before they kill me,” She vowed, the way her eyes dried out and how passionate she was talking about killing Mukhtar and giving up in life was a wake-up call for the wise.

“Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi rajiun! Anisha? Is this you? Is this what I thought you? What have we done to deserve this? After ruining you marriage and blamed us you are shamelessly claiming that you will kill your husband, what do you want in life? Aunt Haseena yelled.

“I want peace and freedom, I want to be understood and accepted the way life turned out for me, I want to be applauded for all that I have endured, the ones you know and the ones you don't, killing Mukhtar was something I almost do yesterday but I didn't follow my heart because of one  reason which is Sabrina, if I kill him, I will be killed, and the world will take our name in a bad way, she lost Abdul Majeed so I won't dare, had it been she was married Wallahi he would have been in barza'u by now, because there is nothing left in this life for me! She cried out the rant. Holy shit!

Is that it? Is this how some parents are frustrating their kids to extend that they will start thinking of killing their spouses?

“What is the difference now? It will not be hidden that you were not found a virgin in your husband house, he even claimed that you are bringing men, so also you hit him, Anisha this is clear sign for you to know that you are rooted with this man because no any sensible man will take a Bazawara with such accusation on top of her head!