Chapter 17| Light At The End...

Anisha's POV
Flashback
23rd October 2019.

“Tashin Hankali! Anisha, you are very unthankful! How can my husband provide me with all this luxury and still complain that he doesn't smile at me or treat me the way I used to see in movies? Blabbed Aunt Saudah, whose eyes couldn't conceal her love for the affluent, she could not stop looking around dreamfully, “Isn't it? Hajiya Rukhsar?! She inquired.

They came to a wedding from Kaduna, so they decided to come and check on me and baby Rubina before they went back home. It was in the middle of the conversation that I decided to hint to them about Mukhtar's conduct and they took it spicy and more.

Kyale ta mana! Do you think that a man will still behave the way he did with you when you were a bride the moment you were put to bed? Never! When I gave birth to you, your father couldn't stand seeing the way I fed you and talk less about sleeping in the same room, never! You were even lucky you have this mansion all to yourself, you do what you want, you eat what you want, you wear what you want, and your baby is fine and healthy, she has all the necessities, Wallahi Saudah When Sabrina was a baby, I mistakenly broke one of the flasks and her father seized the rest in the of punishment, I had to boil the hot water I will drink now and then. There is nothing of a man's wrath that we didn't see and summing up to that we don't have what you are enjoying now.” Fussed Mama, almost throwing me the fork she was eating with.

“Mama is not that I am complaining it was just that, I found it a little awkward that is all but I won't do it again.” I apologized. Aunt Saudah swallowed the chicken's lap she aggressively slashed with her teeth before she spoke. We were all in the dining hall.

“It could have been better for you! You see me, I have been married for 23 years now and I have never gone home in the name of suspension or sort. Anisha stay in your husband's house and stop all these inconsequential and petty complaints, it is what outsiders want to hear, ki rufa mana Asiri! Blind your eyes from what you see and deafen your ears from what you hear, everybody’s marriage is like this, if you refuse this you will end up going through worse, and without this superfluity.

“Insha Allah, it won't happen again Aunt Saudah,” I apologized my eyes pulling with tears.

“What am I seeing Anisha?! Innalillahi wa’inna ilaihi rajiun! Are you going to cry?! Yelled Mama. I could have endured but her noticing and commenting pulled the trigger, I couldn't help but cry even though I was trying to control but the tears weren't cooperating at all.

Ehh! Jin dadi! Surely, you are relishing your life to the fullest since you even have sufficient tears to squander.” Mocked Aunt Saudah.

“Look, Anisha, give us what you intend to give us, we should be on our way because if I sit down here and continue watching this nonsense drama you are pulling out, I might end up beating the hell out of you!” Mama remarked furiously.

“Haba ke kuwa Hajiya Rukhsar, please allow us to finish eating first, don't you see how full the dining table is? Pleaded Aunt Saudah.

“She should put the food in a takeaway, we are going.” Mama stubbornly insisted. I refused to beg them to because of how annoyed I was, I ordered Sarah to Pack the food for them, and I entered my room and brought 4 wraps of thousand Naira notes along with 2 Laces worth 120 thousand each.

One thing with Mukhtar is that he always keeps more than enough but the moment he notices that a huge amount was touched he makes sure that the graves of my ancestors shake because of the dirty insults he would rain upon them.