• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪ • •

SHELLS TOWN ELEVEN YEARS LATER

A young teen woke up with a start as she fell out of her bed. Rubbing her head and seeing her familiar surrounding. Knowing that she was no longer in the same spot that she had seen in her dreams like usual. Taking a moment to calm down before groaning as she looked at the time. Having overslept once more before getting off the floor.

She had a never ending enjoyment for the comfort and warmth her bed gave her. Not wanting to get ready for the day but she wanted to do more with the time she had on her hands. Focusing on her closet as she got something she liked. Choosing to go with something simple that day.

Changing into a short cropped grey shirt with a matching skirt. Her stomach, sides, and her back exposed. Wearing a black and white cardigan she had gotten not too long ago. Choosing to wear her longer boots. Tying the laces before heading downstairs as she grabbed something blue. Never leaving her home without her katana that had been saved by her uncle for years in that home. She had been living in Shells Town for the past two years by now. In a home her uncle owned but he was never seen after he left her there.

Stepping out of the home as she felt the fresh air. Gazing up at the sky as she felt it would be another good day. It still made her feel bad when she remembered her past or felt some peace. Trying her best not to think about it. It was something she didn't want to bring up. It made her feel worse about her new life.

Keeping her necklace on as she played with it for a bit out of habit. She never saw an issue with anyone seeing, unaware of how that act alone would change her peaceful life. Unaware that she would be regretting it and loving it at once.

Walking past a pink haired guy accompanied by guy with a straw hat glancing at the wall full of wanted posters. Old looking ones at that.

Not paying them any mind as she walked into the familiar bar she knew. Getting herself there early for her shift. Rubbing her neck as she walked in and picked a table. Getting her usual. She would dine there when she could and had picked up some shifts there to pass time. She didn't mind and adored the little girl who accompanied her mother around.

It wasn't long before the pink haired and the straw hat guys walked in. Choosing their table and ordering their food and drinks. Things seemed to be calm and going smoothly. Just like usual.

Luffy and Koby ate their food as they made small talk.. Mostly Luffy being the one who continued to eat more than his friend. Especially when the waitress dropped off more food that wasn't theirs.

"Oh no.. we already have our food.." Koby lightly pointed out.

"No. No no no. The more the better." Luffy stopped his friend as he grinned. "We have to feed the brain." He glanced at koby, tapping his temple.

Venus could hear them from her spot at the bar as she quietly chuckled and ate her own food in peace. That was until she heard the boy with the hat plotting on how to get into the base. Slightly glancing at the two over her shoulder from how loud he had been. In that moment she didn't recognize the boy in front of her.

Koby noticed when he glanced around nervously. "Keep it down." He mumbled to his new friend. "You're going to be caught before you even make it in."

Venus was intrigued by what they were saying and curious about what they were plotting for before hearing the doors open. Her eyes instinctively going to the door with curiosity before noticing a familiar figure walking in. Her breath being stuck at her throat by the shock she felt. Immediately turning away as she closed her eyes tightly. Crossing her fingers that it was nothing more than just a resemblance.

A small part of her wanted it to really be him, for him to really be there and real but another part of her prayed that she was only imagining things. She couldn't find it in herself to face him. Not knowing how he would react to seeing her again. Using her hand to cover her face a bit.

"A bottle for me and one for my friend." The man spoke. "He's had a rough day."

Venus could recognize his voice any day as she cursed to herself. She didn't want to deal with something she didn't know how to deal with. Focusing on her food for now.

A young girl watching the green haired guy. Letting out a small giggle as she seemed intrigued by him. Hiding behind the counter for now before leaving for a moment.

Nami being in the same bar as the others. Her main focus being the marines but when one of them approached her, she was disinterested. Glancing through his colleagues before finding one as she got up and walked over to talk to him.

The young girl from earlier returned to the spot she had used to hide behind. No longer hiding from him and holding out a plate towards him.

"What's this?" Zoro asked.

"Rice balls." The young girl replied cheerfully.

"You made them yourself?" Zoro asked again.

"Mhm!" The young girl nodded eagerly.

"What's the brown stuff on them?" Zoro pointed it out.

"It's chocolate. It makes everything taste better." She spoke up.

"Rika?" The woman behind the counter called out to her daughter. Making the young girl turn at the mention of her name. Bumping into a blonde guy who was walking up to the bar area for a drink. Dropping the plate of her rice balls.

"You stupid, stupid girl." The guy spoke up. Stepping on the riceballs she had made just for zoro.

His actions alone catching the attention of the others in the place. Especially the attention of Zoro, Luffy, and Venus.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?" The blonde continued as he scoffed. Ignoring the looks he had gotten his way. After all, no one would dare to attack the son of the Marine Captain.

"Rika, apologize to our guest." The woman spoke up. Knowing who he was immediately.

Rika listened as she was nervous about the whole thing. "I-i'm s-sorry." She spoke.

"I-i-i'm s-sorry." The blonde mocked her apology. "Next time, I won't be so nice." He scoffed.

Venus listened to him speak that way to a child as she slammed her hand on the table before standing up. Ignoring the fact that she was exposing herself to be seen by none other than Zoro Roronoa, the green-haired she had left behind a long time ago. Slapping the blonde as she didn't care about who his father was. "She said she was sorry." She spoke up. "She's a kid for crying out loud."

Zoro listened as his eyes locked onto her. Shocked to see who it was as his eyes never left her while she spoke. His shock sinking in before feeling his anger resurfacing. Doing his best to remain as calm as possible.

The blonde reached out as he grabbed her face and stared at her. "You again? Don't you have anything better to do?" He asked. "No wonder you have no family."

Venus snapped as she kicked him down below. Grabbing his hand off her face and twisting it behind his back. "Don't test your luck." She spoke.

"You dropped my food." Zoro got off his seat before taking the rice ball and eating some of it. Glancing over his shoulder towards the girl. "Delicious." He spoke. Picking up the plate as he set it on the counter. "I have to agree with her though. She's a kid, so apologize."

The blonde took a moment to recover before laughing at his words. Moving closer to him. "Do you know who I am?" He asked.

Zoro's eyes trailed up and down before forming his answer. "The shithead marine with the bad haircut." He declared.

The blonde drew his sword towards him at the insult thrown his way.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Zoro calmly spoke.

"Why not? Three swords? I only need one." He laughed.

"Fine. You'll regret it though." He shrugged. "Step aside." He spoke to Venus. Not glancing at her once. He couldn't just yet or he felt like she would make his mixed emotions worse.