• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ • •

The boat ride was something else. Zoro was currently laying on the bench inside. Having one arm under his head and the other around a sleeping Venus. Holding her as close to him as he could. His eyes closed as he tried to rest like her. Unable to with the chatting coming from the two outside.

He was only glad they hadn't woken her up with all the noise they were making. His hand running through soft locks of wavy purple hair. Her purple hair. The same that he hadn't seen in the years she was gone. He wasn't one to do so but with her it was like a natural habit of his since they were kids.

Never knowing much about her past and as much as he wanted to know more he couldn't bring himself to ask. Her features would sadden and he would feel horrible for asking. He wanted to let her tell him when she was ready to fully let him know. Until then he would remain respectful.

Venus lightly shifted from the voices coming from outside as he rubbed her back. Sighing as he decided to speak up. "Will you two knock it off already? I'm trying to make sure V and I catch some sleep here."

"Oh, I'm sorry were we disturbing your beauty sleep?" Nami asked sarcastically.

"Don't like what you see? Look away. I know someone who likes what they see." He spoke as he made sure he wasn't too loud.

"Gross." Nami spoke as she went back to dealing with the safe at the moment. Running a hand through her hair as she was getting frustrated that it might not even get opened. Focusing a bit more, hearing exactly what she was waiting for and opening the safe.

"Wow.. you.. You actually did it!" Luffy beamed as he was amazed and back to being his usual grinning self.

Nami smiled a bit. Grabbing the map of the grand line and admiring it. She had always dreamed of actually being able to hold it but it was real and she had done it. It was like a dream she never wanted to wake up from.

Zoro could hear them as he stayed in his spot for a while. Sitting up slowly and cautiously. Letting Venus rest as he set her to sleep on the bench before covering her up. Walking out of the small room the boat had. His hand reached for the door to the safe and opened it.

"That's it?" Zoro asked. Closing the safe again. "Isn't a safe supposed to have gold or jewels?" He asked.

Nami looked at him in disbelief. "This map is worth more than any of that." She informed. "This is knowledge. A wanted item by many. This map is a map to the grand line."

"The grand line!" Luffy cheered before glancing at the map. "Which should be.." He had no clue where on the map it was. "Where exactly is it?" He asked.

Nami was shocked to hear that. Glancing at him in disbelief too. "You're going there but you don't know where it is?" She asked.

Luffy shook his head as his grin grew. "Guess that means I need a navigator in my crew after all. The spot is still open."

"Not in a million years." Nami spoke. "I think I've made that very clear by now."

"I'll let you think about it." Luffy spoke. "Back to the map." He changed the topic once more.

Nami rolled her eyes at him a bit. Heading into the small room as she grabbed something to write with. "Shouldn't we wake her up for this?" She asked.

"Just let her be." Zoro spoke firmly.

Venus lightly shifted as she opened her eyes slowly before sitting up immediately.

"You okay?" Luffy asked.

"Yeah.. yeah. Just a bad dream. I thought we were under attack. It's not important. What's going on?" She asked.

"Under attack?" Zoro asked.

"It was nothing, Zoro. I'm guessing she was about to say something important so let's focus on that."

Nami listened before giving in. "I was. Now if you don't mind, let's begin then." She spoke drawing a cirle on the table. "The seas are divided by four quadrants." She began. "The east blue, north blue, south, west."

"The thin strip of land that circles the globe is what we call the red line." Nami glanced between the three of them. "The band across the middle is called the grand line." She explained. "It's a treacherous ocean with bigger islands, cities, pirates. Flushed with riches and ripe for the picking." She finished explaining things to them about the map.

"And that spot is exactly where we will be able to find the one piece." Luffy spoke excitedly.

Zoro listened as he glanced aside. "I've taken out a lot of pirates who have been after that thing." He spoke. "What exactly is it? A big diamond or something?"

"It's Gold Roger's treasure. He hid it in the grand line before he was captured and killed. All in one piece." Luffy explained. He had heard that story many times and many times he had made up his mind about who he wanted to be and become. He wasn't about to give up on those dreams.

"It's a myth." Nami chimed in. "You can't possibly believe it's out there. The reason why no one has found it in the last twenty-two years is because it doesn't exist."

Luffy smirked a bit. "I can't wait to see the look on your face when we find it." He spoke. "Because we will find it one day."

"Luffy has a strong will for anything. He won't be backing down so easily." Venus glanced at the map.

Nami glanced his way as she was about to say something to him until an explosion happened outside of the boat.

"Are those the Marines?" Zoro asked alarmed. His hand immediately moving to one of his swords.

"How did they find us so quickly?" Nami asked as she left the room. Being followed by Luffy and Zoro.

Venus stayed back in the room as she felt a bit of familiarity with the situation. It was like Deja Vu was repeating situations for her.

Upon stepping outside the sky was filled with red. Making the three of them glance up in shock and confusion for a second. A red smoke filling the area around them.

"This smoke smells weird.." Nami mumbled. Feeling tired as she soon passed out.

Zoro tried to hold himself up a little longer. Trying to reach Venus in the room as he barely made it. Passing out onto the floor.

Venus noticed as she wanted to go to help them but knew she wouldn't be of much help. Feeling the effects of the smoke. "Luffy.. the map.." She mumbled as she fell to the ground.

Luffy nodded as he was the last one standing. Immediately heading inside as he rolled the map and put it back into its container. He knew he would be knocked out like the others. Using the bit of time he had left on his hands to swallow the map. He couldn't take any chances of losing it after what they went through for it.

Glancing out the small window of the room and seeing that it was not the Marines who had caught them but instead it was a ship of pirates. Something about it made him giddy but he was not invincible to the smoke and ended up passing out as well.

Venus, who was still a bit conscious, glanced at the ceiling with heavy eyelids. Trying to refuse being put back to sleep. She hated the feeling it would give her at times but she eventually succumbed to the effects and fell into a deep sleep. It made her feel trapped with the nightmares of her past. Like a loop was playing against her to break her down. It was something she feared. Having to face the reality of things she wanted to so desperately eacape the grasp of. It was to no avail after all. The darkness consumed her further and it stayed that way. Her torment just beginning.