• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ • •

In the end they all ended up captured one way or another. Luffy being with Buggy as Zoro was strapped down to a spinning wheel, Nami was locked in a cage, and Venus was with her hands tied above her head so she wouldn't get another sword. The rope being attached to the ceiling. Her legs tied together.

Zoro shifted as he tried to break himself free. Struggling against the rope. "I hate that clown." He spoke up.

"I don't know. I kind of like what he chose for you." Venus joked.

"That makes two of us. I'm enjoying the view from here."

"It's the only view you're going to be getting for a long time."

"The game hasn't ended you know." Zoro reminded. "I still have a shot."

"If I allow it." Venus spoke. "After all.. it seems you have a thing for being pinned." She joked.

"I'd like to see you try and pin me down."

"All in due time." Venus spoke. "Patience is key."

"Patience is useless."

"I like seeing you this impatient over something. Keeps the game fun and exciting. Eight to Twelve.  Thanks for letting me be in the lead." She smirked.

"Will you two quit flirting like I'm not here?" Nami spoke up as she got a hidden tool from her sock moving to get the lock on the cage open.

"I forgot you were here." Zoro spoke. "Cover your ears or something."

Venus listened to them as she glanced between them. "I'll be quiet now. Only because everything else I can say is only for one person to hear."

"My savior." Nami spoke sarcastically.

"Have I done something to you?" Venus asked.

Nami didn't reply. Glancing at them before she sighed and went back to lock picking.

"What?" Zoro asked.

"Nothing.. just- this is my life now I guess." Nami spoke.

"You mean like how you left us?" Zoro asked coldly.

"You guys were picking a fight you couldn't win." Nami defended her actions. "When I.. what I saw out there. It was a town destroyed. What was left because of that pirate. These people.."

"Stop." Venus spoke up seriously.

"What?" Nami asked.

"I don't know what you saw out there but I have a good idea of what it was." Venus spoke as she glanced down. "I don't want to hear it."

Nami opened her mouth to say something before hearing Luffy screaming. Unaware of what exactly they were doing to him.

"Better work faster." Zoro spoke as he glanced at Nami.

Nami nodded and continued to pick the lock. Trying to herself out at the moment.

Zoro glanced at Venus as he held a longing gaze her way. A loving and longing gaze. He wanted to simply have one momemt alone with her if he could. Just wanting to hold her.

"Quit looking at me with those eyes of yours." Venus spoke as she grew flustered.

"What do you mean?" Zoro asked. Unaware that he was capable of such emotions.

"You're looking at me as if I was something you couldn't have." She spoke.

"What are you trying to say?" Zoro smirked a bit.

"I'm saying that I am someone who you could possibly have." Venus gave a small shrug.

"You're still teasing me at a time like this?"

"Why not? It's not like we're going anywhere any time soon." She spoke.

Zoro chuckled a bit before hearing creaking sounds coming from the hall as he turned to Nami. "Someone's coming."

"Stall them." Nami spoke.

"What do I do?" He asked confused.

"Keep them talking."

"I don't talk. I hit things." Zoro huffed.

"And hits on people." Venus chimed in. "Not what I'd expect from a pirate hunter at all."

"You love it and I know it." Zoro replied as he soon went quiet when one of Buggy's crew rode into the room with their unicycle. Getting off it as they stood in front of Zoro.

"Remember me?" The guy asked.

"No." Zoro spoke bluntly. "Must be some other homicidal unicycle-riding clown."

The guy walked closer to him. Taking his chance and punching Zoro in the stomach.

Zoro grunted as he took the hit.

"Hey!" Venus spoke up as she grabbed the rope above her. Squirming a bit before she swung herself and kicked the guy on the back and away from Zoro. "Don't lay a hand on him." She huffed.

"V." Zoro spoke after catching his breath at the moment.

The guy groaned before huffing as he got up from where he had landed. Walking over as he pulled out a throwing knife. Using it before cutting her down.

Venus grunted as she fell onto the floor and was grabbed by him. His hand on her jaw making her look at Zoro.

"I've been looking for you for years." The guy spoke after composing himself. "About how you were the one who killed my brother."

Zoro tried to break free even more. Lifting his gaze from her to the guy. A deadly look in his eyes. "I've killed a lot of pirates."

"Maybe you remember my name. My name is Cabaji." He spoke. "And years ago you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom." Keeping the sharp edge of his knife close to Venus' neck. "Hunted us for weeks through the swamp lands. Day in and night out. Relentless. Like some kind of demon."

Zoro knew he would reach his limit if he dared to touch her. Lowering his head a bit as he tried to keep him busy like Nami needed him to. Glancing her way as if to ask if she was almost done. That she needed to pick up the pace.

Nami glanced at them from her end. Watching as Cabaji noticed their small glance to one another and dropped Venus for a second. Trying to walk close to the ginger.

Venus noticed as she decided to help. Shifting herself before tripping him. Hearing him grunt as he got back up and grabbed her again. Making her stand up. "Get your hands off me."

"Not until I'm done with what I need to do here."

"Still doesn't ring a bell." Zoro spoke up to get the focus back onto himself. Raising his head as he continued the conversation. Acting oblivious to what he was talking about.

Cabaji threw one of the knives in his possession. Missing him by a few inches out of anger. "You cut his head right off and stuffed him into a bag." He angrily spoke. "All of that trouble for just a few berry."

Zoro closed his eyes and sighed. Opening them once more. "Okay. That does sound like me." He confessed. "It was quite easy to get his head in a bag."

Cabaji heard the words he had waited to hear from him. To admit what he had done. His next words angered him even more. "I swore to find you one of these days and get my revenge. What better way to do that then by giving the person you care about most the same treatment you gave my brother." He spoke. Standing in front of Zoro as he held Venus next to him. "Time to say goodbye. You should thank me for at least giving you this one last chance."