• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟxxᴠ • •

Venus was back with the group. Close to reaching their ship to get back on and take a rest after a long day.

The sound of clapping filling the silence as it came from behind them. Turning to face whoever it was.

Vex walked forward as he stopped clapping when he got their attention. "That sure was one long fight but you did it." He spoke before walking closer. "I am so happy you killed him for me."

"Killed him for you? What are you talking about?" Luffy asked.

"Did you hit your head somewhere?" Nami asked.

"Where have you been?" Usopp asked.

"I couldn't let him see me." Vex replied.

Sanji had already known something was off with him as he was on guard. The same way that Zoro was now keeping his guard up.

"Oh, did I not mention it?"

"Mention what?" Usopp asked.

"Right. I didn't. How forgetful of me. Drogo is my father. He wanted his revenge and I wanted him out of the picture. I knew who Venus was this whole time and I knew that the Lady of Blood would kill anyone. Isn't that right, Venus?"

"Vex.."

"Come on. Your crew knows you did stuff to survive but did you tell them you were an assassin? Your hands have more blood than anyone's here." He pointed out to her.

Zoro glared at him as he used his katana and aimed at his neck. "You do not have the right to bring up her past like that. If she wanted to tell us she would."

"Is that true V?" Luffy asked.

"Yes. It is. But I was only hired to deal with horrible people." She responded before turning to Vex. "Your father was a bad man who hurt a lot of people. Innocent people."

Vex narrowed his eyes at her. "I know what he is. I don't care about him. All I care about is getting rid of all of you and taking the map away."

A small sigh left the purple haired female. "I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice. You don't have to do this Vex. No one has to get hurt."

"You're right. No one has to so just let me kill you myself and get things over with. Much easier than causing another fight. Don't you think?"

"You're our friend."

"Never was. I just wanted to get close to you and use you. I planned the whole thing out. I mean who do you think helped you into my father's mind? Or that would lead you to your death? I knew that once you really died you'd achieve the full domain of your abilities. I couldn't let you die so early on in my plan."

" So I was just a toy for you?"

"Don't sound so sad about it? I mean look at you. Full power and still standing. You even got your own revenge."

"That's not my revenge. At this point it was just yours."

"And I didn't have to lift a finger for it."

"Why? Why would you choose something like this?" Luffy asked out loud.

"The funny thing is that Venus and I share the same birthday, the same age, and the same dream."

"Do not compare her to you." Sanji scoffed. "Venus isn't like you."

"Sure she is. She killed people without a single ounce of pity or hesitation. And you guys choose to still defend her?"

"She's not the murderer you make her out to be." Zion replied as he stepped forward.

"I wouldn't take another step if I were you." Vex smirked as he glanced his way. Pulling out his sword and pointing at him. "What's someone without magic going to do to me?"

"Enough Vex." Nami spoke up next. 

"Looks like you weren't the only traitor in the group-."

Venus slapped him before he could complete his sentence. "I wouldn't go there if I were you." She seethed in silent anger. Her friend was never really someone she could consider her friend. She hated that more than anything.

Vex placed a hand over his cheek as he chuckled and turned to her. "That's more like it. Come on. Fight me. Try to do what you did to him Take it all out."

"I thought you could be trusted."

"Whoops."

"What about our friendship?" Usopp asked. "Was any of it real?"

Vex listened to his question as he stayed silent for a few seconds before shaking his head. "It was never real. I just needed someone to think I was as vulnerable as they were to get them to take me in. You were just a pathetic someone who lost his whole family and turned a small town against him. You were the perfect candidate for me to use."

Venus noticed how Usopp's expression dropped further by the male's words. Turning back to Vex as he laughed at the male.

Vex couldn't help the laugh that he let out. That he would ever think of him as more than just a toy to be used and disposed of.

Her hand was raised before she punched him away from them. Sending him back a great distance away from them. "You do not get to laugh at someone who cared about you when your own father wouldn't."

A groan left the male down on the ground as he got back on his feet. "You little-."

Walking closer as she stood in front of him. "I'd be careful with what you say next. You're already on very.." She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Lifting him to his feet. "And I mean very, thin ice."

A smirk forming on his lips as he noticed. Her seething in anger was enough to make him want to taunt her more. "Go on little princess." He mocked. "Give it all you've got."

"Venus." Zoro spoke up from behind her. "This is your choice. What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I'll take on his offer. Fight him until he loses just like his father."

Luffy listened but he knew that it had to be done. Taking a step away from them both. "Let them do this." He spoke.

Vex smirked as he grabbed his own sword. "I guess the honor of beating you will go to me. I've studied you close enough to know how you fight."

"We'll see about that." Venus replied before letting go of his shirt as she attacked him immediately.

Blocking her attack, he immediately swung her blade away from him and was quick to swing at her immediately after doing so. Ready to strike on her.

Her eyes watched his movements as she jumped back. Blocking his attack from striking down on her.

The rest of the crew watched as blades clashed with one another and how neither had gotten an injury just yet. Nami was more worried about Venus as she held Zoro by the arm.

"What?" Zoro asked.

"Shouldn't we stop them?"

"He needs her to kick his ass." He grumbled in response.

Venus was more focused than ever as she was getting tired of him immediately grabbing his sword before taking it away from him. Throwing him onto the Going Merry along with hers.

"Kill me if you wish for your friends to come out of this alive."

Her hand found its way to his neck as she gripped it. Lifting him off his feet. The blue of her eyes became their golden red color as she threw him back.

Vex groaned as he stayed laying down while he coughed to gather his breath. Moving to lay on his back fully. He knew that she was getting the upper hand against him. "Go on Venus. Kill me in front of everyone."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑺𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑫 𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬 || 𝒛𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒂 🎉