• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪ • •

Venus moved her hand away from him as she focused her hearing to the alarm blaring. "Seems like little pirate has caused a problem for the marines." She spoke up.

"We'll use it to our advantage and get the hell out of this place." Zoro spoke. Glancing down at her as he lightly leaned closer for a sec. Making sure he got one more point as he brushed his lips against hers. Keeping a small gap between them to tease her further.

It took her breath away for sure. He knew what he was doing to her and she would lose if she let him keep doing so. Placing her hand on his cheek as she closed the gap between them. Her first kiss and it was with the one person she had wanted it to be with. Pulling away before he could kiss her back.

Catching her breath a bit as she glanced at him. "Good luck out there." She spoke as if she had done nothing to him. Opening the door before walking out as she made sure to walk out of the place.

Zoro left the closet after her as he found his way out of the building and joined her. Finding the exit to the base as they watched Luffy and Nami fighting the marines back to back. The safe being kept between them both.

Venus stopped as she watched them for a second. Feeling Zoro grab her hand to take her to the exit as she stopped him. "W-wait." She spoke up. "We can't just leave them." Pulling her hand back. Grabbing her katana from him and rushing over to help the two of them.

Zoro watched her run back as he glanced back at the exit before turning back around. He couldn't leave just like that as he decided to help her out. Taking his swords out before attacking quickly.

Venus smiled seeing him join before taking out two marines. Dropping their swords away from them before attacking the rest of them. Leaving Axe-hand Morgan to Luffy and Zoro. Focusing on helping Nami with the guards.

The fight lasted a while until Zoro and Luffy worked together. Taking down the axe-hand man. Catching their breaths before walking back to the safe.

"We need to find some kind of rope or something to get this thing out of here." Nami spoke as she glanced at the safe.

Zoro walked over before simply picking it up and carrying it on his shoulder.

"Or we could do that.." Nami spoke as she watched him pick it up in a bit of shock. She didn't think any of them would be able to just lift that heavy safe. Especially not with so much ease.

Venus smiled as she watched him do so. "I didn't know you could do that." She spoke as she followed him.

"There's a few things you don't know I can do." Zoro spoke as he smirked. Giving her a small wink before walking ahead of her.

Venus felt her face warm up as she walked after him. "Such a tease." She spoke as she hid a small grin. Knowing he had gotten another point without even trying that time.

"This way." Nami spoke as she walked ahead of them. Leading them to the docks and to the boat she had previously stolen. "This one right here." She pointed to her boat.

Zoro got on as he dropped the safe down.

"Hey! Easy with it!" Nami scolded him.

"Whatever you say." Zoro replied before facing her. "Oh wait.. I don't work for you."

Venus lightly hit his shoulder. "What he means to say is thanks for letting us ride with you and not be caught by marines." She spoke as she got on the boat.

"I'm sensing a little tension amongst the crew." Luffy spoke as he stayed on the dock. Glancing their way.

"Not a crew." Nami and Zoro spoke at the same time.

"I am more than happy to be a crewmate." Venus spoke as she smiled. "Seems kind of exciting to start a new adventure these days." She added. She was tired of living alone in Shells Town.

Luffy grinned her way before turning away. Placing his hands on his hips. "But I can't leave without my friend though." He changed the subject.

"Can't wait. The marines will he here soon if we don't hurry." Zoro informed. Glancing out at the ocean for a second.

Venus listened as she nodded. Getting off the boat as she stood in front of Luffy. Placing her hands on his shoulders as Zoro immediately got jealous. "Your friend will be fine. He was not with you at the time of your great plan to steal a map and he should be fine for that." She tried to reassure him.

Moving her hands away from his shoulders as she smiled before feeling herself being grabbed and pulled backwards.  Expecting it to be a Marine when she glanced at who it was. Not able to take him seriously when she noticed who it was.

Helmeppo smirked as he kept an arm around her shoulders to hold her in place. Holding a gun on either hand. "The Marines are already here so don't move a muscle or I shoot her. You are all under arrest."

Luffy grew serious when his friend was grabbed like that. His seriousness slipping away when he noticed the hair he had. Not holding back his chuckle as he glanced at Zoro for a second before glancing back ahead. "What's wrong with his hair?" He asked as he laughed a bit.

Zoro smirked a bit. "Yeah. That might have been my fault." He admitted to his actions.

Venus laughed a bit. "Sorry, sorry. That was uncalled for but I can't take you being my captor seriously. Especially looking like that." She spoke.

Helmeppo frowned at them for laughing at him. "I won't be letting you make a joke of me. I am taking you in and handing you to my father. I'll be known as a hero by people and who knows.. maybe even get a medal." He let out. Firing one of the guns to prove he was serious.

Venus flinched at the sound as it brought back a few unwanted memories she didn't seem fond off. Her ears ringing from how close it was to her ear as she closed her eyes tightly.

Zoro glared at him intently when he noticed. Just as he raised a foot onto the edge of the boat to get out and attack him for what he did he noticed a blur of pink before seeing Helmeppo go down knocked out by one punch. Immediately rushing over to the girl he loved.

"Koby?!" Luffy asked in shock as he laughed.

"God that hurt." Koby spoke as he shook his hand from the pain. "But that felt really good too." He let out a breathy chuckle.

"You okay V?" Zoro asked. Placing a hand on her chin. Seeing her flinch by his touch at first.

Venus calmed down to his warmth. She knew his touch anywhere as her eyes opened. Glancing up at him a bit teary. "I'm okay." She spoke. "I'm okay.. just some bad memories.."

Zoro noticed as he placed a hand behind her head. His other going around her waist as he hugged her. Placing her head on his shoulder. "You have me now. From the first day we met. You've had me." He spoke. "I will never leave your side. You have my word. I will hurt those who hurt you." He spoke. "Do you trust me?"

Venus listened as she moved one of her hands to rest on his chest and the other on his side. Nodding lightly as she kept her head on his shoulder. "I trust you with everything I have Zoro." She replied and simply held him.

Zoro listened before picking her up and carrying her onto the boat so that they could continue with their escape. Hoping for something good to happen for them. He knew she was hiding something from him but he wouldn't pressure her until he was sure she was ready to tell him on her own time. For now, he trusted that she needed time and space for that. He would wait for however long he needed to.

Luffy had said goodbye to Koby as he climbed aboard with the others. Seeing his friend's state after the gun fired. He had heard what happened at Windmill Village all those years ago but shanks had been out at sea and he was hidden by Makino. Everyone had hidden once the attack had happened after all. But, not even he knew the full story.