• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟɪɪ • •

Luffy let out a small breath at the moment in relief before glancing at them at the moment.

"So what do we do now? Head for the grand line?" Usopp asked once he heard Venus breath. Walking closer to help him patch the wound on her.

Vex nodded. "I think that is a great idea. Get away from here before anything else happens."

"Nope." Luffy spoke at the moment.

"But.. I thought we were going after the one piece." Usopp spoke confused.

"We still are." Luffy spoke. "But we can't go on this journey without our whole crew." Putting his hat back on. "First, we are going after Nami."

"That traitor hurt Venus." Zoro spoke up. "She's not coming back."

"She's our friend Zoro." Luffy spoke up. "Now come on. We need to pack for this long trip." He spoke. Leading the way.

Zoro listened as he was hesitant to leave Venus alone before laying her on the couch instead of leaving her on the counter. Following after the two.

Usopp joined him outside before he picked up one of the barrels to carry back onto the ship. "There's a lot of dried meat in these barrels." He set the barrel down as he huffed.

"You know who you're sailing with?" Zoro asked.

Usopp listened to the question before glancing up. Spotting a climbing Luffy above them. "Yeah."

"Mmm." Zoro hummed in reply.

"How's Venus doing?" Usopp asked.

"She hasn't woken up yet. I don't know what happened. I'm waiting for her to wake up." Zoro replied.

Sanji walked up to the ship at the moment. Having his bags packed and ready to go. "Heard you guys needed a cook." He spoke up.

Luffy's attention was caught by him as he grinned immediately. "Yes! Yes we do!" He spoke.

Sanji smiled as he climbed up the stairs and glanced at Luffy.

"Welcome aboard." Luffy spoke as he patted his arm.

Zoro noticed as he watched the male walk past with Luffy. "Why are we bringing the waiter?"

"Because we can't boil water." Usopp spoke.

Zoro didn't like the idea of having the flirty waiter on board with them but went along with it at the moment but he knew he had made a promise to Venus that he could not break.

Vex noticed as he walked away before heading into the kitchen. Glancing at the female laying on the couch before kneeling in front if of her. Touching her cheek before moving her hair back.

Sanji took a glance around and noticed Zeff with the other chef out on the dock. Having a small sentimental moment as he had his small goodbyes. Standing in the same spot until he could no longer see them anymore. Turning away before heading inside as he noticed Venus and Vex touching her. "What are you doing?"

"Just checking up on a friend." Vex shrugged.

Sanji didn't believe him as he walked over. Placing his hand lightly on her forehead. Checking her temperature a bit. Curious as to why she was still unconscious when she was still breathing.

"Get your hand off her or I cut it off you."

Sanji knew who it was as he glanced over. Moving his hand away. "Quite aggressive, aren't you? Besides it was this guy being handsy with her.

"Only when you touch her. She's not yours." Zoro spoke. "I suggest you both stay away from her."

"She is a friend of mine. No need to be jealous." Sanji smiled a bit. "I was just checking to see why she is still unconscious. Normally people wake up by now." He spoke.

"I was checking up on her too." Vex shrugged.

Zoro listened as he crossed his arms. "Did you see what happened? To her, I mean."

"Unfortunately I only saw the end of things." Sanji spoke. "I arrived with Usopp just in time to see Arlong release her from his hold."

Zoro paid attention to what he was saying before glancing at her. "I'm gonna kill that guy and his whole crew."

"Count me in." Sanji spoke as he patted his shoulder. "I want to hurt them too for what they did."

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Venus couldn't hear much of the others speaking at the moment. No longer feeling the familiar peace she had felt with her parents. Unable to glance around or being like in a dream. It was more of like seeing images and small flashes of what would happen to her.

Trying to figure out what the hell she was experiencing. She couldn't pinpoint anything. Remembering what her mother had told her. Focusing on herself before letting go of all her doubts and worries. Feeling better as the small glimpses she had received were much clearer.

Knowning what was coming her way and didn't want to tell the others. Understanding what would happen if she did. It was better to keep them in the dark for a while. Knowing that it was for the best. Especially since she didn't know if they would actually happen.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Venus woke up with a small gasp as she noticed the sky outside was no longer bright and warm like earlier. Replaced with a night sky and slight breeze. Glancing around as she spotted a blond and green-haired sleeping on the floor besides the couch. Staying to sit up before wincing. Feeling no wound but still sore.

Her hand moving to her side, for a second she felt like it had all been a dream and Sanji had just ended up being recruited with no one getting hurt in the end.

Her pain brought her back to the harsh reality that Nami had really stabbed her and left her and Luffy to die. She was still in shock that she had done that.

Glancing at her hands before lightly patting the two by their shoulders. Immediately waking up to her touch as they sat Immediately.

"Venus! You're awake!" Sanji spoke as he hugged her. Feeling her hug back as he grinned.

Zoro cleared his throat a bit before peeling the blonde off her and hugging her next. Ignoring his efforts of trying to hugged Venus again. "What happened?" He questioned.

Venus listened to him before laying her head tiredly on his shoulder as she remembered what happened. "Nami stabbed me." She spoke as she held him. "Then she stabbed it deeper." Venus recalled as she tightened her hold on him a bit.

Zoro noticed as he immediately stood up. Holding her in his hold and taking a seat on the couch. Keeping her on his lap as she explained.

Sanji took a seat besides them. "That doesn't sound like Nami at all." He spoke.

"I'm not lying." Venus spoke.

"Of course not. I believe you." Sanji spoke as he glanced at her. "What else happened?" He asked.

Venus listened to his question. "She kicked me over the railing of the ship with no warning. I was trying to get to Luffy. He was losing against Arlong at the time."

Zoro listened to her speak as he rubbed her back. Letting her take her time to talk about what happened.

Venus felt her eyes get foggy with unshed tears. "Why would she do that?" She asked. "I thought we were friends and she stabbed in the back for that guy?"

Zoro wiping her cheeks softly before glancing at her. "Leave her to me. I will make sure that she pays for what she did." He scoffed a bit. He was furious about not being able to help her in her time of need. Swearing to do whatever was necessary.