• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟᴠɪɪ • •

Nami reached them despite her thoughts before speaking up. "Luffy? What the hell are you doing here?" She asked upset.

"I could ask you the same thing Nami." Luffy replied to her. Not answering her question.

"This is where I belong." Nami replied to him.

"I don't believe that. I can't." Luffy spoke as he glanced at her. "Because this isn't you or who you are."

"No. This isn't the me you want me to be. You can't believe that this is who I really am. You just see what you want to see." Nami scoffed.

"Nami.." Luffy tried to speak to her.

"Enough Luffy. I don't care about you or your stupid crew. I am with Arlong and his crew. Accept that. Unless you want to join Venus."

Venus listened before she laughed a bit at her comment. Moving away from Zoro as she showed herself. "Did you really think you and Arlong got rid of me? I really hope that's not the case because it's going to take more than you and fish to do that."

"Venus.." Nami spoke. Relieved to see her alive. Something that caught Luffy's attention about her.

Venus walked closer. Her eyes staying in their golden form before the veins under her eyes were a bit more visible than the first time they appeared. Reaching Nami as she kept her gaze on her. Reaching her hand up before grabbing her jaw. "Tell your Captain to prepare himself because I'm coming for you both. You should've made sure you actually killed me because your life is now in the hands of Venus Crawford." She spoke before walking off.

Nami had felt her breath hitch at her throat as she didn't say anything to Venus.

Luffy watched her walk off before glancing back at Nami. "If you need our help.." Luffy began to speak.

"No! I don't need any of you." Nami interrupted him before he could finish speaking.

Zoro listened as he glanced at her at the moment. He knew Venus wasn't too far away from them. It was a feeling he had when it came to her.

Sanji tilted his head a bit. Listening to Nami as he was not convinced by her words that she didn't need them.

"Arlong wanted the map, and I conned you into getting it for me. And you bought it." Nami quietly spoke.

Luffy listened to her speak. Glancing at her with a slightly serious gaze.

"I was never a part of your stupid crew." Nami added.

"You don't mean that." Luffy spoke. His brows furrowing as he refused to take that answer from her.

"Take the rest of these clowns and sail away from here." Nami replied back to him seriously. "I never want to see you again." Walking away from them as she let out a sigh once when she was far enough away. Trying not to show any emotions.

A moment of silence filled the group before Usopp tried to break the tension. Letting out a small chuckle. "Well.. that went as bad as I imagined." He spoke. "So, back to the boat before these fishmen find us? Sail the hell out of here?" He asked.

"There's something else going on here." Sanji spoke up.

"She was very clear that she didn't want us her." Zoro replied.

"You don't know women. They never say what they mean." Sanji argued.

"That's why you're still single and I'm not, right?" Zoro smugly replied.

Sanji scoffed a bit. "Not for long." He spoke.

"Keep dreaming damn cook." Zoro mumbled.

"Enough arguing from you both." Venus spoke up as she returned to the group a bit calmer than when she had stormed off.

"Don't you guys get it? She's one of them and a bad guy. The villagers are terrified of her." Usopp spoke up.

"Not all of them are." Luffy spoke.

"There was one girl who walked away after being angry of seeing Nami. Blue haired and yellowish shirt with jeans." Venus spoke.

"Wow. Very detailed." Sanji spoke.

"Thank you. I thought women were your expertise aside from food but you seem to have not noticed her that well." Venus spoke teasingly.

"I have my eyes on someone else." Sanji teased back.

Zoro huffed as he held her hand. Keeping his arms around her neck from behind.

"Hey! Scar guy!" Luffy raised his voice as he walked ahead.

Venus followed after him as she kept Zoro's arms around her neck and kept up with their Captain.

"Who was that lady? You know, the one with the cool hair?" Luffy asked.

"Who wants to know?" Mr. Genzo asked after coming out of his small home.

"I'm Monkey D. Luffy." Luffy introduced himself. "I'm a Pirate-."

"Hunter." Zoro and Venus spoke up.

"We are pirate hunters." Venus spoke.

"Here to collect Arlong's bounty." Zoro added after her.

"You?" Genzo asked. "I've seen men twice your size and with twice your number go into Arlong Park. None of them ever got out."

"You haven't seen what we can do." Venus replied.

"We just want to talk to her." Luffy spoke as he smiled a bit.

"Trust me. You don't." Genzo spoke. "But if it'll get you out of my town then you can try the house down the road, on the edge of the tangerine grove."

Luffy listened as he smiled at the man before walking in the direction of the house.

Venus followed after him as she huffed. "Why are we still here and doing this?"

"Because she needs our help." Luffy spoke.

"What if she doesn't want help? She could've asked me to help her but she didn't." Venus replied.

"Maybe stabbing you was her way of asking for help." Luffy shrugged.

Venus scoffed a bit. "Seriously? That's the best you can come up with?"

Luffy stopped for a second before turning to her. "Would you ask us to help you if you needed it?" He asked.

"Depends." Venus replied to his question.

"Maybe she felt like she couldn't come to us for a reason. We can't hate her until we fully know the whole story." Luffy continued.

"Fine but if it turns out I'm right then you will never bring her up again. Deal?" Venus asked.

"Fine, deal." Luffy spoke before turning back around and leading the way to the house once more. It was a bit further away from the village and took a while to get there.

Usopp tried to find himself a way to go back to the ship since he was already tired from the long walk they had to do. Finally making it to the house as the five of them stopped in front of the house.

The door of the home opened as the female from earlier held a gun up and aimed at them. "Turn around and leave."

"That's what I've been saying." Usopp spoke.

"Usopp. No running away." Venus spoke as she glanced at him before glancing back at the female. Taking a small step forward with her hands behind her back as she didn't plan to do anything. "We are not here to hurt you or anyone. Put the gun down before someone does." She continued. "No one has to get hurt here. I'm sure you wouldn't want that."