• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xᴠ • •

"There you two are. We've been looking for you guys everywhere." Nami spoke up behind them.

"Oh, sorry. We were just asking about this ship." Venus spoke. Noticing Zoro seemed to be fuming behind Nami and didn't pay to much attention to why.

"Guys! You won't believe it." Luffy beamed. "We found it. We found our ship." He shared the news with them. Placing an arm around Venus' neck and was excited. "And this guy will be selling it to us."

"H-huh?" Usopp asked as he glanced at the two. "W-wait.. what?"

"Yeah. The ship is perfect. We'll take it." Luffy spoke as he was unaware that he was making Zoro jealous without even trying. Not having noticed as he was busy with the ship he didn't want to lose.

"Technically... she's not really for sale." Usopp spoke.

"What? What do you mean?" Venus asked.

"And technically I'm not really a salesman." Usopp added with a shrug at the moment.

"Do you even work here?" Nami questioned him.

"Wha- of course I do. I'm the chief technician." Usopp spoke. "It makes me in charge of encrustation removal and aviary waste eradication." He informed.

"Eradi-what?" Luffy asked confused by what he was talking about.

"It means he scrubs barnacles and bird shit." Zoro spoke up.

"He can't be of any help to us." Nami added.

"Actually.. maybe he can." A voice spoke up behind Usopp as another guy walked into view. "Usopp and I happen to know the owner. I'm Vex by the way." He spoke.

Venus listened to them speak as she glanced back at the ship they had set their eyes on. "Nice to meet you guys but um.. are you sure you really know the owner?"

"Of course we do." Usopp replied to her. "My friend happens to be the owner for this beauty."

"You expect us to believe your friend owns this ship?" Nami asked as she let out a small quiet scoff.

"Well.." Usopp began to speak.

"I knew it." Nami spoke.

"Actually, I was going to say she doesn't just own this ship. In fact she owns the whole shipyard." Usopp continued.

Luffy couldn't believe his ears. Feeling like he was in luck to have found such person in the whole shipyard.

"That's right. She's rich rich." Usopp spoke. "I'm sure that you four can be able to strike a deal with her."

"She's a very understanding person." Vex added.

"See?" Luffy asked as he moved away from Venus. "This is all going to be working out in the end."

Nami listened before nodding. "Fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt to say hello."

Luffy grinned as he was excited for the chance to meet whoever his friend was. Having him lead the way as he made small talk.

Nami following after them as she wanted to make sure that they could actually trust him in what he was telling them. She didn't want to drop her guard on a stranger.

Venus went to follow after them as she smiled. Before feeling her arm being grabbed and pulled towards someone. Gazing into a pair of familiar eyes.

"Zoro." She softly spoke.

"What were you two doing?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just looking at the ships." Venus explained.

"Then why was your hand touching his chin?" He asked. His voice dangerously low.