• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪ • •

"What happened?.. To your parents I mean.." Nami spoke as she got a bit more comfortable in her seat.

Venus listened to Nami's question before giving her a slight nudge at her sudden question.

Kaya listened as her mood shifted a bit. Keeping her gaze on them before looking away as she took a small breath. "They um..."

"You don't have to answer that if you don't want to." Venus chimed in. "It must be a hard topic to speak about, right?"

"No, it's fine. I just get a bit emotional when I bring them up." Kaya smiled softly at the two of them.

Venus reached over and placed her hand over Kaya's at the moment. "Take your time." She spoke.

Kaya gave a small nod and took a small breath in and out. "They died at sea." She explained.

Nami listened as her smile dropped a bit.

"All these years and it still manages to take my breath away." Kaya's eyes grew a bit watery. "I couldn't bring myself to go through their belongings. So i just.. locked up the memories in the East Wing, where their bedroom was."

"I'm sorry." Nami apologized about bringing up the issue. Mainly for what she had said behind her back about her.

Venus listened quietly at the moment. Glancing at her hand over Kaya's.

Kaya glanced at her own hands and Venus' hands. Giving it a small squeeze. Raising her head once more. "Have either of you lost anyone close to you?" She asked.

"No." Nami spoke as she didn't want to open up to either of them about her past.

Kaya glanced at Venus. "What about you?" She asked.

"I have." Venus spoke as she raised her gaze to them.

"Who did you lose?" Kaya asked once more.

"I lost everyone I knew." Venus answered. "My whole family. My close friend." She added as she gazed towards the window a bit. Remembering everything. "They were murdered in front of me and I didn't do anything to help them.."

Kaya and Nami listened as Nami noticed how she glanced out the window when she recalled the events. Seeing her eyes flicker in a change  of color for a second. Placing a hand on her shoulder as she watched Venus snap out of it.

Venus glanced back at the two of them before she smiled a bit.

"How did you do it?" Kaya asked. "Moving on, I mean."

"I am the wrong person to ask on how to move on. I haven't." Venus spoke. "Once you see something like that happen you can't forget but you find people who are there for you. You find friends and you enjoy the life you still have. You live for them."

"Live for them.." Kaya repeated again as she nodded. "You're right. I won't forget that." She smiled at them. "I'm jealous."

Nami listened as she spoke. "Says the rich girl." She smiled.

"You're not very good at this friend thing, are you?" Kaya asked as she chuckled.

Venus listened as she giggled. "She really isn't." She joked. "But you'll never find a good friend like her." She smiled as she glanced at Nami.

Nami listened before glancing at her as well as she smiled back. Keeping her gaze on her. "Is that really what you think?"

"Of course. I wouldn't lie about something like that." Venus spoke.

"Well I think people need their own Venus because you're a great friend to have around and the crew likes you." Nami spoke.

"I thought we weren't a crew." Venus grinned as she teased.

Nami laughed lightly. "Don't tell Luffy I said that or he will never shut up about it." She spoke.

Kaya laughed lightly as she didn't strain herself to the point of coughing. Enjoying their company. "You're both right. I can tell how great of a friend you both are." She spoke.

Venus smiled as she glanced over at her. "Well I'm glad you seem to think so because you are our friend now and you have my name to call upon in a time of need." She spoke.

Nami kept her gaze on Venus as she listened to her. Her eyes wondering about as it was the first time she took the time to really listen to a crewmate.

Kaya listened to Venus as she smiled. A light pink covering her cheeks. "Friends." She spoke. "That makes me happy to hear."

Venus grinned as she listened to her and didn't dislike the idea. Happy to make new friends. Something similar to what Luffy was always doing and always eager to have a new crewmember.

"I think Luffy is rubbing off on you." Nami spoke as she chuckled.

"As if." Venus laughed lightly. "I think he's more enthusiastic about things. Growing up with him was just like now. Neverending Luffy moments."

Kaya smiled as she listened to them speak. "I am quite sure I agree with Venus here. He did climb onto the table for a ship he wants."

"That ship is truly a beauty." Venus spoke.

"You think so?" Kaya asked.

"Oh I know so." Venus replied as she smiled. "It has space for all of us. A beauty to see. The sheep figurehead is also something unique. It gives it a touch of amazing and breathtaking."

"Well I would be more than happy to let you and the crew have it. A gift for a friend." Kaya spoke.

"Really?" Venus asked surprised.

"Of course." Kaya spoke as she giggled.

"I can't wait to see how Luffy is going to react to these news." Venus beamed.

Nami chuckled. "We'll let him know. Now come on. We should let Kaya rest."

"Aww." Venus spoke as she got up. "Alright." She smiled softly. "See you tomorrow morning Lady Kaya." She playfully gave a curtsy.

Kaya's cheeks stayed pink as she giggled. Having fun with them around unlike before. "Good night to you too Lady Venus, Lady Nami."

Venus laughed lightly as she had a bit of fun.

Nami smiled and said her goodbyes. Grabbing her pillow case and leading the way out at the moment.

Venus waved before shutting the door behind her as she watched Nami put the stuff back. "I see you had a change of heart." She teased.

"Let's just say someone got to change that." Nami replied. "You have a way of getting to someone's heart." She added.

Venus grinned as she listened. "Is that so? I thought you hated me."

"I did at first." Nami spoke as she walked down the hall with her.

"Why is that? What changed your mind?" Venus asked curiously.

"I guess everything. You've proven to help the group and trust Luffy with no hesitation. You also have a way of getting people to like you."

"So you like me?" She asked teasingly.

"N-not like that. I meant as a person and a crewmate." Nami replied.

"I didn't mean it like anything else." Venus teased.

"You are such a tease." Nami spoke as she chuckled a bit.

"I was sure that you knew that already. You've witnessed it many times before." Glancing at her as she continued their walk down the hall. Sharing a small chuckle with one another as they formed their own bond as friends. Something that neither had expected to happen

"I have noticed. Someone as smooth as you? You'd have long lines just to win you over." Nami joked back.

They had started off as a rocky kind of atmosphere between them. Keeping a distance between them and hated being close to one another thinking assumptions of one another based on the attitude they gave one another. It was a nice change that they both would come to enjoy and expand their friendships.