• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ x • •

Zoro had been awoken by Luffy whispering in his ear. Startled before glancing around at where they were. His eyes immediately looking for his girl before walking over to her. Holding her in his arms as he checked her breathing. "V? V, come on. Wake up." He mumbled.

Venus woke up with a start as she gasped for air like she had forgotten how to breath. The light made her feel so much better as she kept her gaze on him. "Zoro." She spoke. Placing her hands on his cheeks. "You're okay." She let out a small breath of relief.

"I'm fine. You don't look so well. Is something wrong?" He asked.

Venus shook her head. "No. No, I'm fine. I guess I'm not used to being on a ship for that long and then being knocked out so suddenly." She lied. Giving him a small smile before hugging him. Her hands usually brushing against his swords but not feeling them there.

Zoro pulled her close as he respected her answer. Knowing something was up with her. Simply hugging her as he felt her go from tensed up to relaxed in an instant. It was a good sign to him.

"Zoro?" She asked.

"Hm?"

"Your swords are gone." She pointed out.

Zoro had been more preoccupied over her that he hadn't noticed. Feeling the empty slots as he huffed. "Those bastards." He mumbled.

"Ugh." Nami spoke up. "They took my rucksack with all my navigation gear."

Luffy listened to them from his corner of wherever they were. His hands immediately reaching for his head. "Phew. They didn't take my hat away." He sighed in relief.

Nami scoffed a bit. "Yeah, small blessings." She spoke sarcastically. Unable to believe he could compare a hat to what was taken from them.

Venus listened to them speak as her hand instinctively went to her neck. Feeling it empty as she panicked. "They took it."

"They took what exactly?" Nami asked.

Zoro sent her a small look as he stood in front of Venus. Keeping his back to Nami. "Hey. We'll get back what they took from you. I promise." He spoke.

Venus glanced up at him as she nodded. "Thank you." She lightly spoke. It felt empty without her necklace and her katana. The last things she had from her family. Staying close to him before her hand lightly reached down and held his.

Zoro noticed as he glanced at their hands before glancing back at her.

"Sorry. I just like the comfort you give. Is this okay? I can let go if it makes you uncomfortable."

Zoro immediately shook his head. Gripping her hand lightly in his as he held it back. "It's fine. You don't have to ask me, you know." Leaning close to her ear for only her to listen to him. "I might not be in the lead anymore but I can and will make you break before me in so many ways."

Venus was reminded of their small challenge and forgot about her nightmare for now. Focusing on him as she hid a small smirk. "I don't know about that Roronoa." She whispered in his ear. "Maybe being in this contained space is making you too confident."

"Is that what you think?" Zoro asked into her own ear. "Wait until we get free." He smirked.

"I will gladly wait. It means making you wait." Venus smiled innocently before glancing at the others. "So what do we do now?" She asked.

"We were caught by Marines. We have to think of a plan and make an escape. Damn it. We lost the map."

"Nope." Luffy spoke as he got up. Hitting his head on the ceiling of their confinement. "The map is somewhere safe." He reassured her before patting his stomach a bit.