• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxᴠ • •

Nami stayed still as her eyes were a bit watery. She didn't want to believe that he had managed to win against the whole crew by taking them out one by one. Remaining calm as she still had to keep Kaya safe and get her out of the house. It was what Venus wanted to get done and she wouldn't fail.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Getting the air back into her lungs was hard to do. Having hit the floor quite harshly as she hissed in pain once she was able to regain her consciousness back.

Venus found herself on the floor as she glanced up at the ceiling. Feeling pain spreading all over as she sat up. Noticing her wound as she wiped the blood off her nose before getting off the floor.

Taking a moment as she couldn't be too quick or the wounds would hurt. Placing a hand over them as she knew it wasn't over. Heading back upstairs as she made a quick stop before she could go after Kuro again.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Nami stayed quiet as she glanced at Kaya. Pressing a finger to her lips so that she knew not to say anything. Hearing the doors burst open as Kuro walked inside the room.

"Now, now, Kaya." Kuro spoke up as he had a look around the room. His knives out and on full display. Ready to attack anyone that he spotted. "You can't hide from me. I know you're in here. There's no point in hiding who we are anymore."

Walking further into the room as his knives touched the strings of an instrument tucked away. "Doesn't it get exhausting putting on airs, pretending we're better than we are?!" He yelled frustrated as he clawed a near by sheet covering a couch seat..

"You've had every opportunity this world has to offer. What have you done with your life?!" Kuro yelled as he threw a small sculpture to the floor and watched it shatter. "Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Nothing at all!"

Walking to the desk Kaya and Nami were under. Standing in front of it. "You're nothing but a pathetic, spoiled, sniveling little brat!" He yelled. Stabbing right through the desk and missing Kaya by a few inches.

"I think someone's a little jealous people prefer a teen over him." A voice spoke up from the doorway.

Nami turned her head to the door way immediately as she couldn't help but let out a very quiet breath and smile. Her eyes teary as she wiped them dry before Kaya could see them.

Kuro glanced up before removing his knives from the desk. A groan leaving him when he saw it was just Venus.

"Didn't think you got rid of me that easily, did you?" Venus asked as she removed her katana from her back. "Because I'm not done with you."

"You just keep coming for more." Kuro spoke up at last. "I'll really end you this time."

"I don't make threats and you should be making threats you can't keep." Venus spoke. "I make promises. And only one other person will die tonight. It will not be anymore of my friends."

"You're brave. I'll give you that, but you are no match for me." Kuro laughed.

"Maybe not but kicking your ass for hurting my friends will be so much better than having to listen to a grown man complain about a girl." Venus taunted. "Are you doing this or do you still need time to get your nails fixed?" She taunted.

Kuro narrowed his eyes at her before using his speed. He felt confident that she wouldn't be any match to his skills. "Why don't you just stay down?!" He huffed as he attacked her.

Venus focused before blocking his attack. Punching him back against the wall. "My life span is full and my crew needs me. My friends need me. You won't see me back down. No matter how small or big the threat is." She spoke as she made sure to slash his way.

Kuro used his speed to move away from her. Noticing a tear on his clothes as he glanced up. "You're just as annoying as them."

Venus shrugged after hearing that from him. "And yet you can't get rid of me." She mocked. Holding her sword as she didn't aim at him directly. Knowing he could change his spot at any second in the blink of an eye.

"I got you twice already." Kuro pointed out.

"Correct. You did, but I patched up my wound and you threw me over a railing? Seriously? You should make sure the people you 'kill' stay dead." Venus spoke as she kept her eyes on him and her hearing on alert.

Kuro used his speed once more as he appeared behind her. "You're no match fo-."

Venus got tired of hearing him speak as she elbowed him in the stomach before grabbing the back of his black blazer and kicked him back a good distance. Wincing as she placed her hand over her stomach. Ignoring it for now.

Kuro groaned as he hit the wall before falling onto the floor. A bit shocked that she was capable of hitting him. His hair not as neat as before.

The two fought for a while more before their fight ended by Luffy interfering.

"Luffy?" Venus questioned as she panted.

Luffy grinned at her before seeing the patched wound on her stomach as it began to bleed through the gauze. "Did he do that?" He asked seriously. His features were no longer soft and happy.

"I did." Kuro spoke up as he held a hand out. "Come to join the party? I was just about to kill her." He laughed.

Luffy's grin disappeared as he replaced it with a stern expression. "You hurt my friends. My crew." He spoke as he glanced at him before turning to Venus. "Watch Nami and the other four. I'll deal with him."

Venus nodded as she got up from the floor. Walking past them as she got to Nami, Kaya, and Usopp. Looking around for Vex until she found him and got them all out.

Nami was overjoyed before immediately hugging Venus as she didn't say anything.

Venus understood as she smiled a bit. "Missed you too." She whispered before wincing as she patted her back. "But I really need to breath and not touch the wound." She added.

"R-right. Sorry. I was just making sure you were really okay- I mean real by that." Nami spoke as she let go.

Venus listened to her as she shook her head. "I'm fine. Just glad to see you guys are okay." She informed.

"I wasn't worried." Usopp spoke. "I knew you would get him."

"Right." Nami spoke before glancing back at Venus. "I can see why Luffy likes you being on the team. I didn't know you could fight like that."

"I didn't either." Venus spoke as she glanced at her hands. "I got my first awakened ability. My father's enhanced strength. I need to practice more."

"You fought that guy without practicing your strength? How is that even possible?" Nami asked.

"Adrenaline? I don't know." Venus shrugged as she put her katana away. "I was more focused on helping you guys here and getting him back for Zoro. Which reminds me that I need to go find him."

"Go. Luffy is here and I'll make sure these three are okay." Nami reassured. Holding her hand out to her. "Stay alive, alright?"

Venus noticed before grinning. Holding her hand back. "You can't get rid of me that easily." She teased. Leaving the room with a quick wave.

Nami smiled as she nodded before squeezing her hand and getting a squeeze back as she let go of her. Watching the purple-haired teen leaving the room with her wave as she let the three leave the room without being injured.