• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟxxɪ • •

Luffy had managed to get the crew back to the ship at the moment. Having Venus on the counter as he ran a hand through his hair at the moment. Pacing back and forth in thought.

Vex had joined them as he noticed the situation going on before remaining as calm as he could before turning away.

"Help her!" Zoro spoke up as he paced around the room before slamming his hands on the counter. Slightly breaking the edge of it.

"She's gone!" Victoria yelled at them. Not looking up at them before crouching down as she covered her head. "She's gone.." Showing her guilt as she thought he would spare her.

Zion kneeled to her level as he immediately placed a hand on her back to try and calm her down at the moment.

Luffy listened to her as he grabbed Zoro's arm when he tried to go at her. "There must he something we can do for her."

"We have to let her go.." Victoria sniffed. "If we pretend to have a way then we won't be able to let her be at peace."

Zoro grew more furious at her. "She should be here! Not at peace or on whatevere else there is!" He yelled.

"Enough!" Nami yelled over them. "Fighting isn't going to bring her back." She calmed herself down. Placing her hand over Venus'. "Maybe she's right. Saying goodbye will be more peaceful than we'd like to admit."

Sanji gripped the counter before glancing down. "No, we should have listened to her. She was warning us about what would happen and we ignored her."

"Her dream killed her." Usopp mumbled. "She was with us one second and gone the next. How does that happen?" He asked. Still in disbelief of what had happened.

"I will kill him." Zoro spoke as he glanced at her sword before faintly tracing the handle. Noticing her name had been engraved into the hilt.

"That sword was forged by her father's own hands." Zion spoke up as he noticed the familiar blade. Noticing he had been glancing at it. "He made me promise to give it to her and you taught her how to fight with it. Something I couldn't do. I chose to run away from her because she reminded me too much of him."

"Him?" Luffy asked.

"My brother. Clovis left behind a mini him and I.. couldn't face her after everything that happened."

Zoro listened as he calmed down a bit. His anger and resentment still there but his sadness had been bubbling and using his words as a way to express itself. His eyes growing teary as he turned to the two. "I wanted to fight her immediately after seeing such tiny girl with a big sword in her hands. I was later told she had been frightened by me and how she didn't know how to wield a weapon yet. I felt guilty about it and visited her everyday to have her trust me more. She soon did and I vowed to teach her after Kuina made me. I was more than happy to though. She was someone who caught my eye." Zoro spoke.

His breath leaving him in a shaky chuckle. Turning to Venus and running a hand through her hair a bit. Holding a strand of it. "She was so happy that I had agreed to teach her but.. I had vowed to keep such innocence safe. Someone pure at the heart. I know she did things to survive after leaving Shimotsuki Village but she is always someone so pure and happy." He mumbled.

Luffy listened as he removed his hat a bit. "She was a funny friend. I enjoyed the jokes and pranks she had managed to pull a lot. I felt like I was meant to find her again. Found someone who could have fun with me during the long journey and we could have many laughs together. I have always wanted to meet her again so that we could have good days like the past."

Usopp gave a small smile as he nodded in agreement. "She believed in me. Even when I deeply felt like I couldn't be as cool as you guys. She looked past me being scared at times. Saw me as someone who could be brave." He spoke as he remembered his mother. "She reminded me of my late mother and she helped save Kaya from Kuro."

Sanji listened to them at the moment before glancing away as he didn't want to say anything. It felt like a real goodbye if he did and he wanted to avoid it. Being nudged by Nami to speak. "I.." He spoke before letting out a breath. "I can never imagine tasting something like what she had made. She was great at a lot of things and I was happy to learn more about what she could do. She was someone I could have a late night talk with and learn things about myself that I wouldn't have thought of. Also helping keep the peace between me and Zoro."

Rubbing his eyes before glancing away once more. "I was more than happy being able to have her try my food. How happy she always seemed and excited about every little thing. It makes me happy to know that I got a chance to meet her."

Nami listened to him as she let him finish. Taking a small moment and sniffing before shakily sighing. "I enjoyed the small moments we have had together. The teases were my favorite." She began. Thinking about it before continuing. "I didn't like you at first. You were always focused on one person and one person only. I thought you were like those girls who only focus on guys for attention and that we wouldn't get along. I was wrong. Very wrong."

Nami wiped her cheeks immediately. "You were the first person that I let myself let in. To see who I was and then we just clicked. Like puzzle pieces. You were the first best friend I ever had and losing you means losing all hope. You were what helped bring us together." She spoke. "When you think about it.. we sure like teasing Zoro a lot and it won't be the same with you not here."

Victoria listened to them speak before sniffing as she stood up once more. Walking over hesitantly before holding Venus' free hand. "I love you Venus. Like if you were my own blood." She began. "And I hate that I wasn't able to help you this time again. I betrayed you and you still saved me. I don't deserve what you did." She bit her lower lip. Taking a moment before glancing at her as she caressed her cheek.

"You are a very forgiving person." She continued as she placed her forehead on hers. "I always thought of you as a sister, maybe more. I will do everything in my power to help take care of Drogo. He will pay for what he did and he will pay with every inch of pain he deserves. I will fix my mistakes and take care of things." Placing a small kiss on her cold forehead before removing her hand.

Vex listened before taking a step forward. "I haven't known you for long Venus but you became someone I could be myself with. In a way I should thank you for that. I wouldn't be here with you guys and enjoying an adventure. I have never had a family. Born and raised by no one. I should thank you for opening my eyes to family being more than blood related. That's a lesson I will never forget."

Zion listened to them all before Victoria nudged him towards his niece. He finally got the courage to walk to her as he placed his hand on her forehead. "Venus. It's me. I.." He shakily spoke. "I shouldn't have left you alone those years ago. I never meant harm by it.. I just couldn't face the fact that I hadn't saved your father. I couldn't give you the normal life he had wanted me to give you. I blame myself every single day but you were just like him. Bright and strong. Yet sweet and caring like Erline. I'm sorry that I wanted to find you again to avoid something like this but ended up joining Drogo to stay alive until I could see you again..."