• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟɪᴠ • •

Venus crossed her arms as she had put away her katana before turning to glance at the locked doors. Watching as the plank holding the door shut got broken in half.

Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Nami, and Usopp walking in with some of the smoke surrounding them.

"Fishmen! Stand by to repel boarders!" Chew yelled at the rest of the crew with him.

Luffy listened as he cracked his knuckles. Ready to fight any of them.

Zoro unshielded his sword from its sheath as he missed having a bit of action with fights.

Sanji getting his feet ready to use his kicks. Having no need for a weapon.

Usopp having his slingshot in hand and ready to shoot at them. A bit scared of what would happen but still willing to fight for his friends.

Venus grinned seeing them before waiting for Nami and Luffy.

"Where do we find Arlong?" Luffy asked.

"He's probably in the map room already." Nami asked. "We need to hurry just in case." She added before leading the way for Luffy.

Luffy followed after her as the fishmen began their attack. One of them landing in front of him as he stopped running.

Zoro immediately rushed over before slashing at the fishman's leg. Sending him back into the water and landing on a rock. Hissing at his wound still hurting.

Usopp used his slingshot. Aiming for Chew and managing to hit him in the face.

"Not the face." Chew angrily spoke.

Usopp gulped as he watched what he had done angered Chew. "Shit." He cured once he noticed Chew began to chase after him. Running out of the park and heading into the woods.

Venus sent at a few of the fish men that ran her way back. Feeling her back bump into someone else's back. Immediately turning as her sword was close to Zoro's neck and his on hers.

Zoro gathered his breath before glancing behind her. "Duck." He spoke.

Venus didn't question him, lowering her sword from his neck. Feeling his hand around her waist as she dipped her head back. Watching the blood splatter before standing back up straight with his help. Raising her sword as she stabbed one of them behind him.

Zoro only focused on her. "Go. Me and the waiter can handle them." He spoke.

"I'll see you soon then." Venus spoke before letting go of him and rushing to get inside.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"What is this place?" Luffy asked Nami.

Nami glanced at him before glancing around the room. "Let's just grab our map and get out of here."

Luffy didn't want to drop the subject. Walking around as he came across a set of chains.

Nami noticed as she knew he wouldn't give up looking for answers. "He let me stop wearing them when I was twelve. Said it was a birthday gift."

Venus found the room in time to listen to what she had told Luffy. Walking inside and towards them. "He's not worth your talent." She spoke.

"V." Nami spoke up.

"You didn't deserve that as a kid. Having to be locked in a room day and night.." Venus continued.

"I'm fine now, thanks to you guys." Nami reassured. "Now come on, let's go."

"But you just got here." Arlong spoke up from where he was watching them the whole time.

Venus felt her blood boil just by hearing him. Glancing over as she crossed her arms.

"Welcome to Arlong Park." Arlong spoke as he set his sword onto the floor. "I'm surprised to see you." He added as he smirked at Venus.

"You couldn't get the job done. Did you need a hand taking out a little girl?" Venus glared at him as she knew that Sanji and Zoro would be fine handling his crew outside.

A scoff left Arlong. "Humans have ruled the seas for far too long. Looking down from their Ivory towers. Towers that were built on the backs of fishmen. Your government fears my people, so you forced us into slavery."

"No one should be forced into anything." Luffy spoke up first. "Everyone should be free to live as they choose." He added.

"Save the sympathies and speeches for someone else. I don't care for them." Arlong spoke.

"Except for fishmen like you that is. Hurting people to gain what?" Venus asked.

"I gain more power over people. Playing nice is not getting anyone anywhere." Arlong spoke. "Our abuse and persecution end now. I will lead the fishmen as we mount a revolution for the ages. It is your turn to know humiliation and pain!"

"Haven't you done enough?!" Nami asked.

"Please, I'm just getting started, Darling." Arlong spoke. "But Nami, you.. well you could've been spared by me. Taking your place right by my side. But no, just like your kind, you chose to betray me. And for what? For them?"

"You were never going to spare me." Nami replied. Her voice a bit shaky. "You told Nezumi about my stash."

Arlong laughed at her. "I'm just playing by human rules." Walking a bit closer. "With these maps I will create a world where the fishmen reign supreme. With knowledge of every marine base and pirate stronghold, nothing and no one can stop me from taking over the East Blue and every other sea after! Oh yes, and it's all thank to you Nami."

Nami glanced down a bit as she knew he was right about that. She had helped him for so long.

"So Pirate King, tell me.." Arlong spoke before swinging his sword at Luffy.

Luffy remained unfazed as he glanced at Arlong.

"Could you have used her so efficiently?" Arlong asked.

"Use?" Luffy asked. Gripping the sword as he tightened his hold. Breaking the blade before breaking his sword in half.

Venus walked forward a bit. Raising her katana at him. "You will never come near her again." She spoke.

"Nami isn't some kind of tool you can use whenever you want!" Luffy chimed in as he was pissed as well. "She's a person with wants and dreams of her own!"

"You took that away from her!" Venus spoke up. "You held a child away from their childhood."

Nami listened to them defend her as she teared up a bit. Not letting any tears be shed as she had to focus.

"You aren't any better than that Axe-hand guy or that fake butler." Luffy continued. "Or anyone else who tries to hurt other people. So I'm going to kick your ass, just like I did theirs. Because no one messes with my friends."

"I'll be kind enough to kill all of you together." Arlong spoke.

Venus scoffed a bit. "Don't say words you don't mean." Aiming her sword at him. "You made Nami cry and do things she didn't want to do. You pay with your life."

"Your dedication is strong. I'll give you that but you are no match for me."

"I wouldn't count on it." Venus spoke. Her eyes changing immediately as the veins under her eyes had become more visible.

Arlong noticed as he faltered back a bit. He knew exactly where he had seen those eyes before once.

Venus noticed as she glanced at Luffy. Giving him a small nod before glancing back at Arlong. "Let's dance, shall we?" She calmly asked. Kicking him away from them.