• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪɪ • •

Venus smiled as she had a nice talk with her. Heading down the stairs with Nami and towards the kitchen together. "So where are we heading next navigator?" She asked jokingly.

"Depends on what happens next and if we really do get the ship Luffy wants." Nami replied.

"Of course we got the ship. She just said we did."

"Yeah thanks to you making her flustered but she could also back out of her decision."

"What can I say? I have an unmatched charm." Venus spoke. "I doubt she would go back on her word. She's not that kind of person."

"I can tell. No wonder Zoro is smitten by you." Nami teased.

A small chuckle left the purple haired girl. "You could put it that way but he tends to have his own charm."

"I don't see it at all. I'm surprised you can even stand him at all."

"Well.. he tends to be quiet and grumpy towards others some times. He'll open up eventually." Venus spoke as she opened the door to the kitchen. "We just need to find- Luffy!" She spoke up before rushing over.

Nami rushing after her as they noticed the unconscious boy on the table. A pot of something blue was now all gone. Both recognized it as what Kaya was eating at dinner. Patting Luffy's cheek lightly to try and wake him up.

"Luffy?" Venus asked as she pressed her ear against his chest. Hearing a slight heartbeat as she moved her head away. "Come on, wake up!" She huffed.

Nami noticed the pot as she reached out to touch it being curious as to what it could be.

"Don't touch that." Venus spoke. "It's something fishy and he seems to have ate it. We can't trust touching it." She grabbed her hand before hearing Klahadore's voice getting closer before her and Nami were pulled into one of the cupboards.

Nami wanted to scream at being suddenly grabbed and the hand over her mouth but remained quiet and shut the door.

Turning to see who it was only to find it out it was Usopp's weird friend. Making him let go so she could focus. Holding one of the pots to keep it from making any noice and being caught. Peeking through the door as she spotted Klahadore, Buchi, and Sham.

Vex quietly noticed before removing his hands away from them. Making no sound at all so they couldn't be caught by the so called butler.

"What is he doing here?" Klahadore asked as he spotted Luffy on the table being unresponsive.

Buchi grabbed the male's wrist before raising his arm and letting it fall back onto the table.

Sham patted his cheek a bit more harshly than Venus and Nami had.

"What is wrong with him?" Klahadore asked.

"Seems like this little guy couldn't get enough of my latest recepie." Buchi spoke with a grin on his face. "I was chasing that perfect balance between bitter and savory." His smile dropping a bit. "I just wish I could've asked him how it tasted."

Sham scoffed a bit. "It tasted like poison, you idiot." She spoke.

"Not while I'm the cook." Buchi replied.

"You're not a cook and I'm not a maid. We are pirates." Sham spoke up as she hated the jobs they had to take on to keep the facade.

"Sell yourself short, Sham but leave my cooking out of-."

"Enough!" Kuro finally spoke over the two bickering with one another. "I can't hear myself think over your inbred nonsense." Watching them grow quiet. "Now then, how much of the soup did he eat?"

"Uh..." Buchi checked the pot. Seeing it empty as he felt proud about his skills. "All of it." He spoke.

"How fortuitous. Go ahead and toss him in well with the green-haired oaf." Kuro spoke.

Venus listened as they caught her attention. There was only one green-haired that she knew. She had known there was something off with the staff from the start and now she didn't know what they had done to Zoro. Her hand crushing the pan in her hands.

Nami was left in shock seeing what she could do but didn't question her just yet. Not wanting to give their hiding spot to them.

"Aye, aye Captain." Buchi spoke as he was ready to get the body to the well.

"And don't you dare track in mud all over my floors again." Sham spoke annoyed at him.

"Says the maid." Buchi retorted back.

Sham gasped. Offended by his words. Helping him with Luffy either way.

Venus was getting ready to walk out of the small hiding spot to get answers but was stopped by Nami and Vex.

Nami kept her arms around her before covering her mouth and eyes. Keeping her busy so she wouldn't act recklessly.

Venus glanced at the hand covering her eyes. Taking a moment to calm down before hearing the door bell being rung.

"Who'd be knocking on the door at this hour?" Sham asked.

"Just stay out. Understood?" Kuro asked with a strict tone. "We can't allow the night to get the better of us." Walking away from the Straw Hat Pirate before heading to check who was at the door.

Klahadore, who's real name was Kuro, opened the front door to notice a small group of marines there. Koby being there as well, being at the front.

"Marines?" Kuro asked a bit shocked but kept his cool so he wouldn't give himself away. "Whatever could be the matter at this time of night."

"Sorry to bother you at such late hour but we heard of pirates in the area." Koby spoke nervously.

"What? What are you talking about? He is the pirate! He murdered someone, Merry, he killed him. What are you waiting for? Arrest him."

Kuro sighted and fixed his glasses. "Oh dear. I apologize if Usopp here has wasted your time. He's not really well. The entire village has tried their utmost best to help him but.. the poor boy has been this way since he was a child. One lie always bigger than the last." Leaning closer to the marines. "He was never quite the same after his mother's death."

"You leave my mother out of this!" Usopp raised his voice and didn't like how Kuro was able to make up lies about him so suddenly. He always felt uneasy with him around Kaya and her home."

"His gloves.. check his gloves for knives." Usopp suggested.

Koby listened to him before turning back to Kuro. "Do you mind if we have a look at your hands? Just to make sure." He informed the man before him. Placing Kuto's hand on his  and examined the gloves carefully. Seeing that nothing was wrong with it. Letting go of him once Kuro pulled his hand back immediately.

Usopp had to watch as Kuro lied about him. Having no words about his lies and how people were affected by his actions.

"That's enough! I thought we had a job We're looking for a fugitive. Goes by the name Luffy." Helmeppo spoke.

"Luffy? Why yes. I know that name." Kuro spoke. "It belongs to one of the criminal guests that Usopp seems to have invited to dine inside the home and meet the lady of the house." Kuro spoke as sighed. Playing his part well for now. While he still had the chance.